ColorNavigator 7 for Eizo Monitors

zeitz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Perhaps I'm the only one on the forum who uses MacOS Mojave and an Eizo monitor with ColorNavigator, but I wanted to share this information.  MacOS Mojave is unhappy, giving dire warnings, that ColorNavigator 6 is 32-bit.  I sent an inquiry to Eizo to see if a 64-bit version was in the works.  ColorNavigator 7 will be 64-bit and will be available on November 2.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just downloaded the new version of ColorNavigator.  While Eizo support told me it would be called ColorNavigator 7, it still is labeled ColorNavigator 6.  The version number is 6.4.24.0.  The Eizo website lists it as being compatible with MacOS Mojave 10.14.  I am now on Mojave 10.14.1, but all seems to work correctly.

It is possible that the MacOS decided to stop bothering me about 32 bit applications.  But the Eizo rep did tell me that the ColorNavigator release on 2 Nov would be 64 bit, and their site says it is Mojave compatible.  It is concerning that the rep said CN 7 while the new release is clearly marked CN 6.  I think I'll write him for clarification.

• 3 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Again, no one else on the forum may care.  ColorNavigator 7 did become available on 13 Nov.  I did download it.  Unfortunately while the webpage says CN7 will work with my CX271, the software does not recognize my monitor.  I have written to Eizo product support, but I have not heard back yet.  Also during the installation of CN7, CN6 is removed.  I'm awaiting Eizo's response before reloading CN6.

I received a response from Eizo this morning.  A firmware upgrade will be required for many monitors, including the CX271, to work with ColorNavigator 7.  This firmware update is shown as available on January 18, 2019.  The Eizo CN7 download website now includes this information.