How to filter English-only posts?

wda

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I don't recall German language posts routinely coming up in the old forum when looking through 'unread posts'. I do occasionally dip into the German forum photo threads regardless but don't want them as a default position and can't remove them. Just slows and clutters my use of the forum.

I raised this question in the New Forum thread but Andreas never commented on it:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MarkP said:

I don't recall German language posts routinely coming up in the old forum when looking through 'unread posts'. I do occasionally dip into the German forum photo threads regardless but don't want them as a default position and can't remove them. Just slows and clutters my use of the forum.

I raised this question in the New Forum thread but Andreas never commented on it:

Mark, thank you. We have a shared observation which I hope will not fall on deaf ears. I can well imagine it is not a high priority for Andreas,  but it would be helpful to know his thoughts.

Recently I looked at Activity and the entire first screen was filled with German postings. In a busy world, it is a deterrent to casual discovery.

• Thanks 1

If you go to Activity and then My Activity streams, you can set up a new stream (which can be made your default one) and you can choose to only see Topics in the International section, in the sub-forums that interest you. You choose which sub-forums are of interest, and other parameters.

This is how it looked when I set this example up just now. It only took a couple of minutes and you can see below the sub-forums that I checked to be included.. You can choose "Since my last visit" as the time frame if you wish. If set to default, it appears at the top right of the main home screen.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2