M9 - Shutter Release and Metering stopped working

eatsleep

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

the shutter release and metering keeps going dead after I take two photos. After leaving it for 20 minutes and trying again I can take two more photos, but then it goes dead. Everything else is working, I can view the photos, look at and adjust menus, the battery is still reading as ok, its just the whole entering when pressing down the shutter stops working and I can't take a photo.

Can anyone help with an answer as to what's wrong?

Grateful for any help

andy

Here's some ideas - long shots, but worth a try:

* Do you have a soft release screwed into the shutter button? Some versions of these pushdown the half way press and cause metering locking plus release issues.

* The other thing to check would be formatting of the card/card speed. Is it still writing to the card when you press the button the third time?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

the shutter release and metering keeps going dead after I take two photos. After leaving it for 20 minutes and trying again I can take two more photos, but then it goes dead. Everything else is working, I can view the photos, look at and adjust menus, the battery is still reading as ok, its just the whole entering when pressing down the shutter stops working and I can't take a photo.

Can anyone help with an answer as to what's wrong?

Grateful for any help

andy

no idea....it happens to me a few times a year...after removing and placing back the battery, the problem is gone...

if this happens every two shots, this is no solution...

in my case it has nothing to do with a soft release button since i don't use this...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn BLA-L29 met Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I've just had my M9 throwing a wobbly. I took out the SD card to put in my computer to download the photos the when I put it it said 'NO SD card' so removed it then put it back a couple of times until I didn't get this message. However, then nothing worked when switched on. No shutter, nothing on the screen no matter which button I pressed. I had noticed the info was saying there was 50% battery left just before I removed the SD card so replaced this with a full battery. Switched on and all was well. 

Has anyone had similar problems? 

I've just had my M9 throwing a wobbly. I took out the SD card to put in my computer to download the photos the when I put it it said 'NO SD card' so removed it then put it back a couple of times until I didn't get this message. 

I have seen this a couple of times recently. This is with a card that I got recently and I have no idea if it's on the compatible list. I'll use an older card with less capacity again and see what happens.