M10 can be used with SOMNI (50mm DR) full range

a.noctilux

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thank you so much @a.noctilux. I have tried to file down a bit of a DR, and it works great.

Want to share some filing experience here:

1. I used a whetstone with fine surface; 1000 + 6000. It filed on the 1000 side first, then 6000 for polishing.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

2. Used some no-residual tape to cover parts not meant to be touched, it gives some protection and marks the "target area"

3. This is what it looks like when filing. Note no noticeable metal debris or whatsoever. Only very fine mud/dust left on both whetstone and the barrel. 

4. I used some cleaning kit wipe off "fine mud/dust" on the lens barrel after filing... The change is barely noticeable 

5. It works!

Hope this helps!

Edited by waigx
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone and thanks for the interesting post. I'm trying a beautiful example of Dual Range on my M10R and M10M. I have read all your evidence. I have not yet proceeded with the filing because I believe there is an equally important aspect to highlight. When moving from 1 meter to 0.90 you need to dismantle the lens. That is, it doesn't pass because at the beginning of the short distance cam it stops next to the rangefinder probe and finds an obstacle. How do your specimens behave? Removing the lens to switch to short distances is not really convenient.