Leica Q - the image thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Leica Q

• Like 5

Dried cod, anyone? In the Lofotens they call it the smell of money!

Leica Q 1/500, f/5.6, ISO 100

• Like 12

Wow, than you for this. I used to visit Colorado regularly and didn't know anything about this. I hope to visit again in a few months and would really appreciate knowing where this location is.

Thank you for sharing this.

Fox Run Park off Exit 158 on I-25 about 20 miles north of Colorado Springs. 2 miles east. Enjoy.

- Vikas

Row of trees in infrared

...photographed with a infrared-filter from HOYA (R72)

f 11 | 2,5 sec. | ISO 400

I’m very impressed with the effects that filter delivers. I may have to add it to my small filter set. Nice photo!

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Me too! Amazing shot!

I didn't expect that the ir filter of Q was so weak! I just ordered a Heliopan 715 (fount a great offer on a used one). It seems it is essentially the same as the Hoya. Looking forward to some IR adventures this weekend

I’m very impressed with the effects that filter delivers. I may have to add it to my small filter set. Nice photo!

great picture: panning with the cyclist, right? he stays "still" and the building "moves"!

Thank you for the kind words :)

I wish he wasn't that still, it is always better to have some part of the moving object blurry, otherwise the effect is a bit weird.. But to be honest this weirdness may add a bit to the photo!! I like how the cyclist is not a young guy but an older and quite "big" one! The older and wise can always be fast and adventurous!!

Edited by zampelis
  • Like 1

Thanks for your Feedback!

For those interested in postprocessing ir-pictures:

I opened the DNG in Photoshop Camera RAW and converted it in greyscale then I used the the settings in the first picture then open the picture then I use the "Tonwertkorrektur" (I don't know the word in the english version of PS) et viola!

• Like 9

Hey, I've just got back from skiing there.

Not a Q photo but a Ricoh GXR with M sensor and Elmarit 24mm:

attachicon.gifR0015483.jpg

Pete

Great shot. I’m just back from a 12 day photography trip - 4 of us with a pro who knew when and where to be for the light from sunrise to sunset. Lofoten and Senja. A totally stunning landscape in both places - a trip of a lifetime. But hey at 72 it’s time to spend the kid’s inheritance!
  • Like 1

Great shot. I’m just back from a 12 day photography trip - 4 of us with a pro who knew when and where to be for the light from sunrise to sunset. Lofoten and Senja. A totally stunning landscape in both places - a trip of a lifetime. But hey at 72 it’s time to spend the kid’s inheritance!

Indeed. 

Did you get any Aurora photos with your Q?

I'm heading up your way tomorrow to ski the north gullies on the Ben.

Pete

Edited by Stealth3kpl

Indeed. 

Did you get any Aurora photos with your Q?

I'm heading up your way tomorrow to ski the north gullies on the Ben.

Pete

Currently down in Edinburgh! We are on the east coast - Dornoch - so not sure how much snow remains on the higher slopes. No auroras as no electro magnetic activity and in any event by mid April there is only a very few hours of adequate darkness. Besides getting up at 3.30 to be on site for dawn was demanding enough without staying up for best darkness at about 1am! On this occasion the Q was a secondary camera (as much as I love the quality of the output) as most of the time it was a tripod mounted D850 with various primes, ND grads, etc. Have a good weekend.

Currently down in Edinburgh! We are on the east coast - Dornoch - so not sure how much snow remains on the higher slopes. No auroras as no electro magnetic activity and in any event by mid April there is only a very few hours of adequate darkness. Besides getting up at 3.30 to be on site for dawn was demanding enough without staying up for best darkness at about 1am! On this occasion the Q was a secondary camera (as much as I love the quality of the output) as most of the time it was a tripod mounted D850 with various primes, ND grads, etc. Have a good weekend.

We had a striking light show on our second night. It seemed to be pitch black at about 11 (we were out in the boonies). A companion took some very good images of the lights with an Olympus of some sort, and a good video. We were transfixed by our aurora Apps in the evening haha.

Pete

Totally agree.

It's called "sking" Spending Kids Inheritance.

Gary

• Like 4

Prima

• Like 5