I bought an S...

mmx_2

A 70mm is ordered :). Will arrive next week, paid about 2000€ for a mint used including 2 year warranty from a Leicadealer. So all in all I've got an S 006 and 70 for about 4000€. I think it's a fair deal. If it turns out to be good (highly doubt it wouldn't :)) I will probably get a 30 or 35 as the next thing (Leica or contax).

• Like 1

A 70mm is ordered :). Will arrive next week, paid about 2000€ for a mint used including 2 year warranty from a Leicadealer. So all in all I've got an S 006 and 70 for about 4000€. I think it's a fair deal. If it turns out to be good (highly doubt it wouldn't :)) I will probably get a 30 or 35 as the next thing (Leica or contax).

The Summarit-S 35mm is a wonderful lens, highly recommended :) Best,

Vieri

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If you decided to go with the HC adapter and do people photography , please do not overlook the HC50-110 ,it's not light, but it will cover almost all the studio situations and strobe work outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ynp
  • Like 1

The 50-110 is an amazing and stellar lens, brilliant IQ. I use it a lot, it's one of my most used lenses on the H. It's size is manageable, IMO but it's ergonomics bug me though. On the H body, the zoom ring is relatively thing and also too close to the body making it awkward to use.

Edited by Paul J
  • Like 1

For a wide angle lens, the Super-Elmar-S 24 is an incredible lens.  With the crop factor on the S, it serves as a 19mm equivalent.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 11

4000€ is pretty insane when you think about the price it cost new - the dealer could have just put it on ebay ... oh well good for you :)

• Like 1

For a wide angle lens, the Super-Elmar-S 24 is an incredible lens.  With the crop factor on the S, it serves as a 19mm equivalent.

Second that. The 24mm Super-Elmar-S is a wonderful performer, hard to beat. See my review of it here:

https://vieribottazzini.com/2016/09/leica-super-elmar-s-24mm-f3-5-review-on-the-leica-s-typ-007.html

Best,

Vieri

Edited by Vieri
  • Like 2