First Version 35 Summilux Black

mickjazz

It looks like the wiki is pretty much all over the place, lumping them all in together and adding in batches where there may be a few 35/1.4 v1. It looks like there are 1155 black, and 1216 chrome.

I'd say more M3 than M2 type, given that the 1966 batch of 1200 lenses appear to all be M3 type, and the 1964 batch (1000)  is a mix of the two types. The previous 3 batches (all 1960) look to contain only 8 35/1.4 v1's, but there must be more because that only accounts for 2208 lenses, where above it says we have 2371 lenses... You also have to remember that batches of serial number were pre-assigned, not always filled, and left over numbers were used for other lenses without much if any documentation.

Edited by michaelwj

I'm considering the 11871 (the M3 version of the Summilux 35). But I was thinking of version 2, with the 12504 hood. I found contradictory information of the v1 and v2 of this lens. Any views?

Alone in Bangkok essay on BURN Magazine

Literally 100's of views, all of them are contradictory though :)

I believe the performance of this lens is generally down to how hard a life it has had and sample variation rather than and optical changes that may or may not have occurred. Others have different views.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm considering the 11871 (the M3 version of the Summilux 35). But I was thinking of version 2, with the 12504 hood. I found contradictory information of the v1 and v2 of this lens. Any views?

Alone in Bangkok essay on BURN Magazine

What is sure is that 12504 hood is much easier to find than the venerable OLLUX.. ;)