Grid lines

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I can see in the meny when you can add a mask for 1x1 and when you take a picture you can see the cropped picture on the display. The problem is I want to see the crop lines in the viewfinder........ how can I see them???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

I thought the S2 was a DSLR and had therefore an optical viewfinder. How would the gridlines be shown in an optical viewfinder?

Maybe the same as my D5........ive no idea thats why I asked

Mines a S007

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Hi Gary

Yea I just checked online and google said the same. I see one screen for sale 800 frigging bucks but it just has regular grid lines. I'm looking for something that has the 1x1 lines.

I'm currently using my mates CFV50c but he forgot to give me the screen and everything I shoot I chop off heads and miss stuff left and right. So for training purposes I'm just shooting everything in the middle and use a wider lens then crop away those 50 megabytes.

I shot one yesterday of my old lady and it was 5 stops under....... after ACR did its stuff you would never know ......... frigging amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Can anyone help me with the size of the 1x1 grid line on the CFV50C screen. As you already know I'm borrowing a CFV50C from my mate but didn't get the screen. I was talking with the guy from the Leica store and he recommended just marking the screen that I already have with a fine nib marker pen .......... I just need to know the size????

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

What is a Leica CFV50C? A Hassleblad neg is 56mm sq, the Sony sensor is 33mm x 44mm so to get a square cut a 33mm x33mm square out of a ~56mm square piece of whatever takes your fancy.... So about the central 60% of the screen.

john

Some friendly guys over at LUL pointed me in a similar direction............what I ended up doing is draw a 35mm square in the existing focus screen with a fine nib red permanent marker.......warmed it up with my old ladies hair dryer and "Bobs your Uncle" it works perfect.

If after my india trip I decide to go out and buy a Hasselblad CFV-50c for myself then it will come with the correct screen, if not then I will just get some heli-fuel or the likes and remove the red pen marks.

Thanks Bro

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

What do you think that back will offer over your S(007)?

john

Vesatillity.............. what I'm thinking is;

1. I love shooting film with my 503CW
  2. I love shooting Digital with my S007

Taking both the S system and the Hasselblad on a shoot would be a frigging nightmare, just trying to haul all that bulk around would for me be impossible.............so my thinking is if I get a CFV-50c then I can have the best of both worlds for when I decide to go out and shoot some film. I will have a 50 megabyte back with me if I want to shoot some digital.

Of course if Im just going out to shoot digital then the S will always be my first choice.

The proof will be in the pudding as I will be heading to India tomorrow to shoot film and the CFV50c for 6 days................I will let you know if I liked the experience when I get back......if I did then I'm sure I will get my own back, if not, no harm done I will hand my mate back his back and be 10k the better off :);) ;) 

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

I have 24, 35, 45 and zoom all wider than that ;-)

john

John

My favourite lens on my digital M was my 21mm Lux..........how do you find the 24mm S lens...........sharp in the corners, and distortion????