"Old" lens giving a 6-bit code. Yes or no?

Paulus

Lenses could not focus normally or at all. Some Leica flanges have a recessed part for instance that jinfinance's have not.

Ok. He used to maintain a list of lenses that the flanges had been tested on, although I can't find it anymore. He's certainly sold a lot of them and gets good eBay reviews, so I think the majority of customers have been happy with them. But of course, real world experience speaks more than eBay reviews.....

My 90/2 pre-apo and 50/1.4 pre-asph work fine with jinfinance flanges so the experience is not negative anyway but i would not advise inexperienced users to do the same as the least sample variation can have consequences on focussing accuracy, especially with fast lenses on rangefinders. Mirrorless cameras are more forgiving though.

• Like 1

I coded all my 35mm and shorter lenses myself.  They're all well-used so I wasn't worried my DIY job doesn't look like factory coding.  It works, that's all I care about.  Given that a 135/4.5 isn't worth a lot of cash, if you're handy you should be able to code it yourself.  Dreml and some flat-black paint.  No need to do the white codes.  Myself I didn't bother with anything over 35mm, as there are no corrections applied and Irdgaf about EXIF identification.

Not in my experience..   When the new flange miss focused,  I removed it and compared thickness with the original.   I had to grind down the new to match the old. 

The new are pretty consistently .040 ".    the originals are .038" and thicker.  A few 10 th`s  makes a big difference.   Evidently Leica matched flanges/mounts to individual optical cells.

Also people report the Chinese pits are not read properly by 240 and newer cameras.  They do appear different when you look at them.

Also people report the Chinese pits are not read properly by 240 and newer cameras. They do appear different when you look at them.

I think I remember reading that on the 240 it is important to paint both black and white pots whereas with the earlier cameras you can get away with just painting the black ones.... Maybe this is the reason?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk