Advertisement (gone after registration)

A yoga event took place at a beach resorts around sunset hour. There were too many yogis but this one was among the most professional so I sticked with her...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

I love the detail in the hands and the gesture in this one. I feel that the bottom part (pardon the pun) detracts from the composition though. It is very dark and still my eyes tend to wander there, human instinct I guess ;-). Have you considered a tighter, more square crop of the top part? I think if you put the face with the sunglasses in the bottom right it would counterbalance the hands in the top left very nicely and it would be a more harmonic composition. It is a very nice image as it is already. :-)

Edit: I tried it, it doesn't work as well as I thought. As I look at this image again, there's a nice progression from bottom right to upper left as it is. Very nice :-)

Edited by roelandinho

I love the detail in the hands and the gesture in this one. I feel that the bottom part (pardon the pun) detracts from the composition though. It is very dark and still my eyes tend to wander there, human instinct I guess ;-). Have you considered a tighter, more square crop of the top part? I think if you put the face with the sunglasses in the bottom right it would counterbalance the hands in the top left very nicely and it would be a more harmonic composition. It is a very nice image as it is already. :-)

Edit: I tried it, it doesn't work as well as I thought. As I look at this image again, there's a nice progression from bottom right to upper left as it is. Very nice :-)

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions regarding the cropping options. I tried an 8X11 format and it worked I guess.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions regarding the cropping options. I tried an 8X11 format and it worked I guess.

Yep, I tried this one as well. It kind of works, but I don't really like the way the legs in the bottom left are cut off. This was better in the original image in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Love the selective focus too

With the presence of too many non-yogi intruders among yogis, I had to open the aperture up so they become less distracting.

The XVarior

Edited by XVarior