Just a casual oberservation,,,

leicapfile

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It seems to me that whenever I sign in to the Forum, approximently twice as many people are viewing the digital forum, as there are viewing the customer forum.

In contrast, the number of posts to the customer forum outstrip those to that of the digital forum.

Any amatuer phsychologists out there who might pose an explanation on this?

Then again I just may have too much time on my hands?

I expect it's down to eager anticipation of future digital announcements on the one hand and almost complete lack of concrete information on the other. Lots of people lookking but not a lot for them to day.

Just wait till the M8 is actually announced, I expect the level of posts in the Digital Forum will balloon. No minute detail of the camera will escape the microscopic analysis - informed and otherwise - by members of this forum, and that's before I contribute my own usual drivel.

I see a parallel between the 'exagerated' sales of digital cameras versus the 'declining' sales of analog cameras. Think about it! Analog has had, how many years, 150(?) to saturate the market, whilst digital has had "nanoseconds" by comparison, to cover demand. Naturally digital are peaking right now.:rolleyes:

But all those analog cameras are still 'out there' (mainly) hungry for film and love. Numerically, they may just outnumber the digicams in 'head count', but of course are not noticed in 'current sales'.

So, what this all adds up to is market interest in the 'new toy' syndrome that ignores the 'old faithful' still performing as well as ever.

Put another way, analog is 'well known', whereas digital is still very much the new breed that demands 'investigation'. hence, more posts and more viewing of posts hoping to pick up the latest info.

At the very least, this is "me", but it is probably "you" to.;)

Now back to my fine wine to top off a great night.:D

Cheers,

Erl

Excellent points all.

I've never seen any user data on the Forum, but it would be interesting to see how the hits compare to the posts in both venues (Customer and Digital).

Lots of people buy digital and want to find answers on the web, including here. I guess many are just passing through because they found us on Google...whereas, for the filim users, "Leica Forum" is a destination resort!

:)

Thanks.

Allan