Remind me, what is this glitch or digital noise in M9?

Overgaard

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've been waking up one of the Leica M9 cameras after more than a year's sleep on the shelf. Both the 16 GB cards I use show these patterns in the DNG. I've formatted the cards in SD Format and camera, but the problem persist. From time to time. 

I'm sure we've had this before. Anyone who can refresh my memory what it is?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

It takes me a little while to cycle through the possibilities. I just remember having seen these things before, but never experienced them myself since the DMR digital back for R9 and 2GB cards. I thought somebody would spit out the answer right away. I've seen it, just never listened to the solution as it was never my problem :-)

I am formatting cards again and testing in both M9's, and then also in the M240. And will also test the 64GB cards from the M240 in the M9 and see what happens. 

Edited by Overgaard

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I read a good speed test a long time ago and picked up a bunch of the supposed best Sandisk sdhc 6 30mb/s I ended up with 8 GB cards which I find perfect for me with 300 shots a card. For me that's great took a few of the house we are selling yesterday and a few friends didn't shoot more than 80. For me nearly 10 big rolls of film on one card is more than enough !

My M9-P hss done 25k so far and has the original sensor and never seen that blott on either my Mono or 9 both running the latest firmware over the years. I do DNG and jpg fine on both cameras ( b&w on the 9)

Edited by IWC Doppel