M9 picture with a glitch

subotic

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi

I went today and tried the M9 a bit (lent it from the store). The glitch manifested only on one picture from 140 that I took (uncompressed DNG, Sandisk III Extreme 8GB card), so I hope that it's nothing serious.

- Ivan

PS. M9 + Noctilux f1 (Coded + Leica UV+IR filter)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Guest guy_mancuso

Looks like a corrupted card or image when writing to it had a glitch. Did you turn off or anything. First i would try a different card or double check your reader both of them have been known to cause issues.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've had similar issues with my M8 when using corrupted cards, or occasionally cards that weren't re-formatted in camera.

I would first suspect a card issue - especially if the contents of the artifact look like they come from a different photograph.

Something is wrong with the lens! Look- it has focus in the corners and not in the middle. and it has terrible vignetting!!! Did you drop this lens!!!?

How can it be so unsharp!!!!?

I can get sharper picture with my canon R190-cbx mk2, plus that it has more megapixels and less noise and it is smaller than M9, and it has zoom 24-135 that is sharp all over.

And ISO 12800 clean as a baby ass.

:D

I can get sharper picture with my canon R190-cbx mk2, plus that it has more megapixels and less noise and it is smaller than M9, and it has zoom 24-135 that is sharp all over.

Now, let's see the pictures. Especially 12800 ones.

Something is wrong with the lens! Look- it has focus in the corners and not in the middle. and it has terrible vignetting!!! Did you drop this lens!!!?

I am going to wait for R200-xyz mkIII with zoom 5-500 and ISO 19200

Glad someone else mentioned this as I was thinking the same thing. Frankly, I'm still waiting to see M9 images produced by the average M user that are worthy. Yes I know this is the web and it crunches stuff, but before I get in line I'll need to see more - DNG's to download hopefully.

I expect mid October they'll start flowing in and we'll see a flood of fine work from all levels of Leica photographers to evaluate.

I know it's a crapy picture. But I was in a hurry since I had to return the camera. The focus was also a bit off since I'm not used to take pictures in such a hurry and at f1 a bit is a lot.

The lens should be just fine, since it spent the last two months in Solms for coding and adjusting.

The picture has some kind of a haze to it. It's because it was shot at f/1.0 with ISO 80 and 1/4000s (blinking, so its overexposed), with the sun right above and in front. The fact that I had the UV+IR filter didn't probably help either.

I don't know what should be wrong with the vignetting. It's a full open Nocti on full frame. With my M6 I have the same kind of vignetting.

I'm still just a bloody beginner and made probably all mistakes that I could have yesterday (very excited and so little time), but I still love the way the camera felt while using it. My name is now on the waiting list and I cant wait until I get one.

baby arses are generally not clean at all, and it takes a lot and frequent work to make them so... bleah!