Leica T - possible future firmware updates?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Would it be possible that future Leica T firmware updates could include accessible Leica R and Leica M lens profiles to optimise imaging? Does the T's relatively large internal memory offer possibilities other than for image storage? 

dunk

Would it be possible that future Leica T firmware updates could include accessible Leica R and Leica M lens profiles to optimise imaging? Does the T's relatively large internal memory offer possibilities other than for image storage? 

dunk

Dunk,

This would be great, I did ask for this from the beginning (in mails to Leica), but no response so far. Sean Reid did report this request (also to Leica) when reviewing the camera.

I don't think the internal memory helps, but it could be that the current processor isn't up to the job for processing the images in camera. 

But now that they have made this part of the software work for the SL, it is an simple job to integrate it in the firmware of current or future T-camera's.

I personally think we have to wait for the next generation; could be Photokina 2016?

• Like 2