Which M lenses do you own?

ducstar

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I kept with just the 35mm Cron...beauty to use and lovely rendition...one lens and one MP 240 Safari.

A serious internal debate raging though.... I want a 50mm for certain Street and Portrait....so Noctilux V Summilux....

I only want one 50mm, so decisions, decisions....weight/size v the "0.95" is the question in my mind...I know its a personal choice....at the moment the weigh/size issue is slightly ahead so the Lux....but that Nocti is still nagging me!.

Help!....

Well, if it's any help, I've always wanted to shoot with a Noctilux but I've never wanted to carry one all day long. ;-)

Hard decision, other than if you are just looking at the price tags. I haven't decided yet either, which is one of the reasons I've been using a Voigtländer Nokton 50/1.5 instead. 

Which is not to say that there's anything wrong with the Nokton, by the way. It's a rather nice lens in its own right. :-)

Edited by ramarren
  • Like 1

Things I use to cover the cavity in the front of my Leica M's:

12/5.6 CV

15/4.5 CV

15/8 Hologon

17/4 Super Takumar

16-21 WATE

21/2.8 ASPH

21/1.4 Summilux

25/4 Snapshot Skopar

28/2 Summicron

28-50 MATE

35/2 v4

35/2.5 Summarit

35/1.4 ASPH

35/1.2 CV

50/3.5 Nickel Elmar

50/2.8 Elmar-M

50/2 Summicron DR

50/1.4 ASPH

50/1 v2

75/2 AA

75/1.4 Summilux

90/4 Macro Elmar

90/2.8 thin T-E

90/2.8 Elmarit-M

90/2 Summicron last pre-ASPH

135/4 T-E

135/2.8 Elmarit

On Visoflex or M-240:

65/3.5 Black

65/3.5 Chrome

400/6.8

560/6.8

On M-240

280/4 R Apo

On Aristophot:

25/2.5 Photar

50/2.8 Photar

80/4.5 Photar

120/5.6 Photar

38/3.5 Olympus

60/4 S-Orthoplanar

To keep this in perspective:

I've been shooting Leicas since the early 60's. They've been the one constant in my photographic journey, and the only Leica lens I've bought new in a long while has been the 21 Summilux, which has been a wish of mine since I bought a Super Angulon in the 60's. Many lenses were bought during my professional photography career, which spanned from the 60's to the 00's. And now I've kept many due to some logistical issues and procrastination. Some of them I will never sell, mostly for sentimental reasons or the fact that the pictures I've taken with them have been among my favourites, in spite of technical flaws.

Some have remarked (in jest) that I don't have some of the outstanding jewels of current lenses. That's true, but then I don't necessarily like pictures taken with the Apo-Asph 50/2 better than pictures taken with the dual range Summicron. So that lens is one I'll likely never get. On the other hand, the lenses I have for the Aristophot are all very useful on that contraption, and little use off it. So why sell them? The 400 and 560/6.8 lenses were bought for very, very little and are useful a couple of times a year, so again, why part with them. The 15 Hologon is a collectors lens usually, but mine has been used extensively and shows it since I bought it in 1974 (architectural models), and is thus not so interesting for collectors. It still works on the MM, so I'll keep it, even though the (much larger) 15 CV is more practical. 

Mostly this stuff has paid for itself many times over, so it owes me nothing. But still, it provides enjoyment. Except for those items that will be up on ebay shortly.

• Like 2

Voigtlander Super-Heliar 15/4.5

Voigtlander Ultron 21/1.8

Voigtlander Skopar 21/4

Voigtlander Ultron 28/1.9

Leica Summicron-M 28/2 ASPH

Leica Summilux-M 35/1.4 pre-ASPH

Leica Summilux-M 35/1.4 ASPH

Leica Summicron-M 35/2 pre-ASPH

Voigtlander Nokton 40/1.4 S.C.

Leica Summilux-M 50/1.4 pre-ASPH

Leica Summarit-M 50/1.5