Over 40 years...and fine looking

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Recently arrived from Holland, this Elmar 65 of 1973 in my opinion makes a really fine match with M240 and the LEM/VIS... :)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

(taken with M8 and the usual DR Summicron... ;))

• Like 7

Should be made by NOVOFLEX.

Best,

GEORG

Yes...LEM/VIS version I (version 2 is equivalent, but made with stacked rings) : a very well made and usueful device. The 65 ("new" for me... previously I had only the first Canadian chrome version) seems indeed to be an excellent lens... one of my first taking with it is hereunder... just to show another recent acquisition... (from the buy & sell site of the Forum ;))... an Elmarit 135 2,8 of the very last series, here next to my very older one (there are 30 years and 1.600.000 numbers around between them)

Edited by luigi bertolotti
  • Like 3

an Elmarit 135 2,8 of the very last series, here next to my very older one (there are 30 years and 1.600.000 numbers around between them)

The lenses combo on the last model is far better than the old one, if you want to use a 6 bit code, after market (china) bayonet ring, you will need to turn it on the lathe to remove some thickness on the rear of the ring to adapt to the lens.

some picts

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks for your pictures, JC... but it is already coded (by Van Manen... the seller even included the bill in the packaging.. . which is very well complete,,, original box, and the leather case that I didn't have :))

Is that lathe YOURS ? I have some LTMadapters from the same chinese source ((I think... it was YOU that gave me their link...) and they are good, apparently (at least, I coded one for using the Summaron 28... probably, even if the thickness is not exact, it does not appear for a 28 5,6...)

A pair of 100% crops do show that the Elmar 65 black is really a very sharp lens :

Edited by luigi bertolotti

Thanks for your pictures, JC... but it is already coded (by Van Manen... the seller even included the bill in the packaging.. . which is very well complete,,, original box, and the leather case that I didn't have :))

Is that lathe YOURS ? I have some LTMadapters from the same chinese source ((I think... it was YOU that gave me their link...) and they are good, apparently (at least, I coded one for using the Summaron 28... probably, even if the thickness is not exact, it does not appear for a 28 5,6...)

A pair of 100% crops do show that the Elmar 65 black is really a very sharp lens :

Yes the lathe is mine it is a Myford - England

Fine if it is already coded have you tried if the focusing is accurate ?

I have this leather case very funny shape !

Yes I gave you the link to china ring maker

You mean the LTM 28 ?

The 65 is a good lens I agree and easy to use.

enjoy your new toys

Btw, toying with the Elmarit 135, I have just noticed a minor limitation of the LEM/VIS... its front flange (center, in the photo hereunder) is a bit larger the the one of the Viso II/III (left) ... not a problem with most devices (including bellows) , apart... the ZOOEP/16462 focus mount made for the lenshead of Elmarit 135 (and Summicron 90) which cannot fit for its particular shape (at right); not a great issue... is a strange combo... :o... just a note for lovers of the complex world of old adapters...

• Like 1