Anyone using a thumb grip with Typ 109?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I thought I'd fit my Lensmate thumb grip designed for the Fuji X100S to see what difference it made.... the answer is that apart from making the power switch a little harder to use, it's transformed the handling of the camera!

However it's a very tight fit so would be painful for regular flash-users. Has anyone got good experience of using other brands of thumb grip with the Typ 109?

Cheers,

Jon

I have thought about it. I bought Richards front grip, which is awesome. Do you use yours with a front grip? The more grip the better most likely.

Yes - I think the Franiec grip is an excellent addition and I prefer it to something that needs to be removed every time you want to change battery or memory card. In combination with the thumb grip, the handling of the camera is transformed.

Cheers,

Jon

I just use simple thumbgrip I purchased for X-E1 two years ago (from ebay but NOT the cheapest one). It makes the camera much more secure in hand but also prevents from accidental turning-on in the bag, which happened to me before when I was just reaching for the camera. Crappy iPhone pic attached... and it's NOT too tight, just right.

I have also really dirt-cheap thumbgrip for X100 (I'm not using it any more) and it was OK for X100 but it's too tight for D-LUX.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2