Leica C Images - Post Them Here

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yet another nice one, Keith.

Mine arrived on schedule to-day but not sure when I shall be able to get out to give it a try.

Richard

Aha! You went for the C in the end? No pictures of cats, 'cos we've now established it can be a proper camera. :-)

Ric

Edited by Guest

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

So there's an ironic thread on my usual watch collector's forum (Watchuseek) that jokes that many watch magazines and review websites have started showing hipster-type shots "with a certain look".

1. Coffee shop boots or shoes.

2. No socks!

3. Patterned shirt.

4. A "relaxed" twill jacket.

5. Left hand holding ankle or knee (or in trouser pocket, or tying up a lace).

5. And of course the watch, with the wrist angled "just so".

Note the watch says 10:10 which is essential for watch shots (look for this on bill boards) as it gives "a smile". And of course brackets the brand's logo to good effect.

The thread now has some 250 posts now, so the joke's caught on; at least amongst we watch nerds. We are indeed very nerdy, but we are also very numerous, so the gene pool continues to select for us and one day all humans will be watch nerds. Bwahahahah.

Where was I?

Oh yes. Twas my turn to contribute some pickies, so these are the results from this morning's session with the Leica C.

F5.6, aperture priority, ISO 80, WB=daylight, auto-bracketed plus/minus a stop - then went with the middle stop anyway. Oh, and as usual I later warmed it up using the "beach" setting in Camera+. Had to muck about with a tripod and timers for the lace-tying 'cos I don't have three hands. Nor a giraffe's neck. But what did work is using the Leica app on my iPad to help me remotely compose the shot, set the focus point, and trigger the timer. Yer get the proper Live View on the iPad, don'tcha know.

Yeah, I *love* the M6, but try doing all this using film! I know I'm sounding like a Leica C advert, but the little rascal really is a wonderful thing. Almost the convenience of an iPhone camera but with full control and without the cr@p images.

Ric

Edited by Guest

I imagine I would be 'black-balled' were I to try to attempt to join your esteemed organisation :eek: Anyway, I do not bare my ankles for anyone at this time of year! ;)

• Like 2

I imagine I would be 'black-balled' were I to try to attempt to join your esteemed organisation :eek: Anyway, I do not bare my ankles for anyone at this time of year! ;)

A valiant attempt, Mr Keith, in spite of those socks. One spies that you've set that classic Speedy Mk II to 10:10 as per specification. We watch nerds wear watches that tell the time accurately twice per day.

Ric

I had a chance to try my new camera to-day. As my main hobby is cultivating some 800 orchids from around the world I had an ideal subject.

Very satisfied with that.

Richard

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Digging for Britain? Another slice of open countryside disappearing.

• Like 1

I had a chance to try my new camera to-day. As my main hobby is cultivating some 800 orchids from around the world I had an ideal subject.

Very satisfied with that.

Richard

Welcome to the dark side, Richard. Really quite good for a macro shot. Aperture priority and macro? Or pure point n shoot? I ask cos I take a lot of nerdy watch shots and wondered what I might learn from a flower shooter.

Ric

• 2 weeks later...

Tides out! Minehead harbour this afternoon. A b&w jpg from the mighty C. :)

• Like 5

A colour raw file merely put through LR5.7 to correct the verticals. This is the church in the National Trust village of Selworthy in Somerset (this morning).

• Like 1

Another in-camera .jpg, this time of cottages in the Selworthy village. The downside of the output from the 'C' is that my wife is questioning the need for my M240, X-Vario, M7, MP, Rolleicord VB etc... Wives! ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I usually use:

Autofocus (half press to focus lock, then reframe and full click)

Aperture priority

Auto ISO

JPEG

WB=daylight (I honestly think Auto WB gets it a bit wrong, sometimes)

Big rectangle focus (which seems to better drive the area sampled for metering)

The b+w setting on the camera gave me some interesting results when I took a few pickies of my car months ago. Digital b+w never looks like film, I know, but somehow the tones are at least feasible. Never tried Silver Fox, which may be the way Mr Keith Sir went with his shot above.

Ric

As Ric has noted, I often use SEfexPro for my b&w conversions. However, with the C I am tending more to just tweak the in-camera b&w jpg in LR5.7, which IIRC was the case with the image in question. Another feather in the cap for this versatile little camera!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The tide is still out... ;) Another view of Minehead harbour.

• Like 6