Leica C Images - Post Them Here

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Can't claim this one as it was taken by Frau Capucho. Totally out of camera.

Ric

On the Marlborough Downs this week on a brilliantly sunny (but cold) afternoon, armed with M240 and Rolleicord Vb. Looking across to the sloping field & sheep etc, I thought "hmm, could do with a telephoto" - then realised my wife's C was in the sidepocket of the camera bag. Here is what it managed at full zoom (200mm equiv). Not too bad at all...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Snowdrops. At the local Country Park this afternoon. Macro-mode & f2.

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Looks good to me, Keith.

I am just waiting for the opportunity to get to Harrisons in Sheffield (I am down past Newark) so I can handle a C. I shall assess a D also but pocketability will sway heavily. My other Leica is a V-Lux1 so size does matter here as the reason for purchase. I prefer the spec of the D but if the C is as good as your posts and will fit my pockets better that will be good.

I shall try to keep an open mind until I can compare both.

Richard

My only quibble with the handling of the C is that initially I found myself triggering the video mode as the button falls under the ball of the thumb, so I had a collection of short videos of pavements and moving feet/legs! Other than that, it has definitely taken over from my iPhone as the 'camera to go', so to speak.

• Haha 1

Can anybody tell me, please, the coverage of the EVF on the Leica C camera.

I note that the D (109) enjoys 100% but other small format manufacturers (eg the Sony RX100) only show 59%. Hence my question for the Leica C because I cannot find that information anywhere.

Thank you in anticipation.

Richard

Thank you Keith.

I did try looking down this thread (yet) again but obviously got a bit word blind the further I got so missed that post.

Very grateful for all your input. I just wonder whether I am digging too deeply but I am at least confident about the specifications now so can hold a reasonable discussion with the sales people.

Just need to get these cameras all in the same place at the same time when they get stocks so I can see which makes me most comfortable.

Richard

Here's the picky I took with the Leica C for the "I love my M6" thread. Later converted to black and white using Camera+ but found the colour original a few moments ago. None too shabby, in colour.

One thing I've found is that the WB should be carefully set to Daylight (or Cloud) instead of leaving it on Auto. Saves me later having to Beach it (trust me, it's a Camera+ thing) to get the blues out of it. So not meaning to flog the horse but set to Aperture priority, flash off, WB to daylight, and ISO to Auto, this little camera gives me (erm, I mean my wife) a cracking grab and go solution.

Ric

Interesting that you should say that about WB, Ric. All the photos I have uploaded here have been on auto WB ( & aperture-priority, auto-ISO, flash-off). Can't say that I have noticed an excess of blue, but I will study results in future. Typically I will bring the .rwl file into LR5.7's Develop module, click on Auto, quick crop if needed, job done :) After all, it is a P&S! ;)

Interesting that you should say that about WB, Ric. All the photos I have uploaded here have been on auto WB ( & aperture-priority, auto-ISO, flash-off). Can't say that I have noticed an excess of blue, but I will study results in future. Typically I will bring the .rwl file into LR5.7's Develop module, click on Auto, quick crop if needed, job done :) After all, it is a P&S! ;)

Ahh, but I'm a JPEG shooter 'cos I really couldn't be @rsed with RAW or anything needing proper software. Any post-processing is done with my iPad and Camera+, which ain't much more than WB adjustment - or was. Too lazy to crop, although not above it when needs must.

You think I'm lazy post-processing with a C? You should see how I am with the M6 once I get me DVD back from the developers: under-exposed, delete; cr@p shot, delete; erm, wot? oh.... delete; keep; keep; oh dear, and delete the rest.

Ric

p.s. The "blueness" I see might be down to my preference for warmth. That'll be me portuguese blood pining for the Lisbon fjords.

Edited by Guest

You think I'm lazy post-processing with a C? You should see how I am with the M6 once I get me DVD back from the developers: under-exposed, delete; cr@p shot, delete; erm, wot? oh.... delete; keep; keep; oh dear, and delete the rest.

I know the feeling, although I do get the pleasure (or should that be relief) of first glimpse of the negs as I pull the wet roll of the reel! :)

p.s. The "blueness" I see might be down to my preference for warmth. That'll be me portuguese blood pining for the Lisbon fjords.
We made our first foray into Portugal last Spring, spent ten days in the tiny village of Rosario, SE of Evora. Delightful area, may well be heading back there this Spring.

Know Evora fairly well, but Monsaraz is more my stomping ground 'cos my wicked step mother (she's actually a sweetie) owns a quinta out in that direction. A man of your talents could wreak havoc in Monsaraz with a camera... Never heard of Rosario, but then again there are thousands of small villages all over the Alentejo, so impossible to know 'em all.

Ric

Filling the gaps twixt town and countryside. The march of progress goes on...

• 2 weeks later...

At Avebury Manor this afternoon. Soft drinks bottles from the *BC era. ISO 400 & 1/13sec hand-held.

*Before Coke.

Edited by Keith (M)
  • Like 3