Leica C Images - Post Them Here

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The little C is an unsung star of the Leica range (IMHO, of course!). To help raise its profile I propose an 'open thread' similar to the other camera-dedicated ones. Hopefully the Mods can make it a 'sticky' and that other users will post images here for non-users to appreciate. I'll start the ball rolling with one taken this morning.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully I am not going to be the only one posting images here! In the meantime, here are two (both handheld) taken last week in St Mary's Church in Lydiard Tregoze.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Well, seems that I am ploughing lonely furrow here! Two images from opposite ends of the camera's range. First a view of Lydiard Church altar at the wide angle end (28mm equiv) & ISO 400. Second is at 200mm equiv and ISO 80.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Another b&w example, this time an OoC .jpg.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just spotted this thread, and happen to have bought a Leica C for Frau Capucho as her posh point 'n' shoot.

Been occasionally using it for "macro" shots of wrist watches (my other obsession) and it's proven itself to be a remarkable little piece of technology. Your shot of the M2 (it is an M2 right?) is a great example of what that sweet little camera can do with its good glass even in front of a tiny sensor.

Shall post some watch examples later, but meanwhile keep the faith.

Ric

So a recent shot taken outside our house with the Leica C. I typically use aperture priority, and here it's on f/8.

Ric

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Similar situation - my wife bought it in Leica Mayfair earlier this year but it often finds itself in a side-pocket of my camera bag, accompanying whichever M I am heading out of the door with.

M2? Nope, it is my MP ALC.

Look forward to seeing some of your C images! People will be getting bored with mine...

• Thanks 1

Then some of my more typical watch shots, Leica C invariably set to f/2 and macro mode. When it comes to these sorts of shots, the C is far better than I'll ever be. Apart from a bit of white balancing here and there, everything is as out of camera.

Ric

Then the inevitable shot of my M6 and 50mm Summicron. The C is on aperture priority as usual, f/2.

I took this one just last week, but it looks a bit... unimaginative when compared to your glorious M2 shot that opens this thread.

Ric

Impressive collection of watches, Ric. I imagine you would be less than impressed by the state of my forty-four year old Speedmaster, were I to post an image of it here!

BTW, my "M2" is actually a MP ALC.

In the meantime, below is a shot taken earlier this month of a yellow rose... ;)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Impressive collection of watches, Ric. I imagine you would be less than impressed by the state of my forty-four year old Speedmaster, were I to post an image of it here!

BTW, my "M2" is actually a MP ALC.

In the meantime, below is a shot taken earlier this month of a yellow rose... ;)

I would indeed be impressed by any real moonwatch. Shall acquire my own in time.

Corrected on the M2 thing. Shall take a moment to scour for your pickies taken with the MP.

Ric

Early November at the National Trust's Kingston Lacy property.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

New housing = disappearing countryside.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Leica C totally manual at f/8 1/500 so basically exposed for the sky. Filled in with a slave flash which had to be held in my right hand because that's the side where the built-in flash sits, so my first left handed button press. Sheesh, the things we do for our art. I think my eldest was getting a bit bored after me bracketing the flash, hence the faraway look.

Ric

I tried to replicate this a little later with my M6 (Ilford XP2, red filter, flash in shoe, yadda yadda yadda) but the flash didn't fire. Either the hot shoe ain't hot enough, or it ain't hot enough any more, or I've got my mental wires crossed. Now wondering how my boy's head and ears will silhouette against an Ansel Adams sky.

Shall see if the local camera shop has a PC cable which might do the trick.

Ric

Leica C totally manual at f/8 1/500 so basically exposed for the sky. Filled in with a slave flash which had to be held in my right hand because that's the side where the built-in flash sits, so my first left handed button press. Sheesh, the things we do for our art. I think my eldest was getting a bit bored after me bracketing the flash, hence the faraway look.

Ric

Sounds awkward. How were you triggering the slave flash - with the built-in? Would the built-in flash (forced on) have been too powerful for the fill-in effect? Must confess that with whatever camera I am using, I try very hard to avoid the need for flash!

• Thanks 1

Coffee break! :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Sounds awkward. How were you triggering the slave flash - with the built-in? Would the built-in flash (forced on) have been too powerful for the fill-in effect? Must confess that with whatever camera I am using, I try very hard to avoid the need for flash!

Just used the built-in as the trigger, and against *that* sky it was too weak to do anything more than trip the slave.

Ric