Half Case for M240

krieves

At the time I got my M240 there just happened to be a used full case at a dealer going for $20 more than the half case, so I went with that. Of course the top comes off (and in fact the snout is only good for shorter, narrower lenses), but the advantage over the half case is that the bottom of th full case has a hanging back flap which when flipped up (held magnetically) it completely protects (and hides) the LCD and all the buttons. I find that immensely advantageous because I rarely use the LCD and somehow I always manage to get my thumb on the control thing/set-button when picking the camera up. It does thicken an already thick camera though, to the point the M240 can hardly be called compact anymore.

When I got my new M240 I purchased the original black Leica leathercase with small frontflap (Type Nr. 14547) and I'm really happy with it. I guess Bocaburger is talking about the same case. I also most of the time remove the frontcap and have a very strong quality halfcase then. The rearflap with the magnetic lock perfectly shelters the LCD and never annoys me when shooting, neither closed nor opened. This Leica case ist rather pricey (360€), however, I find it worth it after some months of use. And for travelling the then attached frontcap is a perfect shelter as well for the mounted lens and fits with lenses up to my SE21 with mounted sunshade.

The only complaining I have is that disconnecting and reconnecting the frontcap of the case can be a pain, at least in the first time until one gets the trick out.

This Leica case fits the camera tight and secure and handling is easy (all magnetic lockings) and I have no doubt the thick leather will live as long as the camera inside

cheers Michael

Edited by Bildchef
  • Like 1