Jump to content
Lucena

Half cases for Q2 same as for Q1?

Recommended Posts

I suspect not because of the differing locations of the battery and SD card on the Q2. The battery on the Q2 is also larger. (In other words, if you could use the Q case on the Q2 you probably wouldn't be able to access the battery or SD card with the case on. I should say that's merely a guess on my part as I don't yet have a Q2. )The Q2 is also very slightly slimmer than the Q.

Stephen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stephen_C said:

I suspect not because of the differing locations of the battery and SD card on the Q2. The battery on the Q2 is also larger. (In other words, if you could use the Q case on the Q2 you probably wouldn't be able to access the battery or SD card with the case on. I should say that's merely a guess on my part as I don't yet have a Q2. )The Q2 is also very slightly slimmer than the Q.

Stephen

It was what I was suspecting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet some new Q2 owners are trying their Q cases. Hopefully they’ll join in and tell us. I’m also very interested if an Arte De Mano Q case will work on the Q2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an Arte di Mano Q case with battery access door - lovely Shell Cordovan Cranberry leather - and sad to say it does not fit.  Cost $629 so will be going on Ebay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T25UFO said:

I have an Arte di Mano Q case with battery access door - lovely Shell Cordovan Cranberry leather - and sad to say it does not fit.  Cost $629 so will be going on Ebay.

Bummer. Can you elaborate more. I alreasy expected to remove the case to chsnge the SD card. True for battery as well? Whst about yhe case itself? I read that the Q2 is 1mm thinner. I have the same case as you and love it. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I know this is not as elegant a case as the more expensive ones, but I use LIM for both my Q and CL and could not be happier. They're well-made, have a terrific hand grip and always give full accessibility to battery and card, plus a separate tripod screw. They are around 125-150, depending on the model, and easily got new on ebay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, iQ2 (formerly Infiniumguy) said:

Bummer. Can you elaborate more. I alreasy expected to remove the case to chsnge the SD card. True for battery as well? Whst about yhe case itself? I read that the Q2 is 1mm thinner. I have the same case as you and love it. Thanks. 

Don't have the exact dimensions as I'm still waiting for the camera.  I've ordered through Red Dot Cameras in the UK and asked them to check.  I thought the battery door might line up, but would have to remove the case when changing SD cards; however, Red Dot confirmed the case will not fit.  As you say, it's a bummer, but it's all part of the cost to change!  Here is the case:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if the Leica Q hand grip and the holster fit the Q2? I suspect the Leica handgrip doesn't fit because of the 1mm change in body size but I'm hoping that the holster is OK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My question is does the Arte De Mano half case fit if you assume you have to remove it to change battery or SD card? I read that the Q2 is 1mm thinner and wondered if it would be too loose in the Q1 case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iQ2 (formerly Infiniumguy) said:

My question is does the Arte De Mano half case fit if you assume you have to remove it to change battery or SD card? I read that the Q2 is 1mm thinner and wondered if it would be too loose in the Q1 case. 

I can't answer your question and wonder myself as I also have the Arte De Mano half case.  I contacted Arte De Mano directly and asked if they will be producing a case specifically for the Q2 and they said they are and it should be available in about 2 months.  If the original fits the Q2 snugly enough and would only require removing the case to change the battery I will use my current case.  Here is my case new in Oct/15 and now with a nicely broken in patina.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, iQ2 (formerly Infiniumguy) said:

My question is does the Arte De Mano half case fit if you assume you have to remove it to change battery or SD card? I read that the Q2 is 1mm thinner and wondered if it would be too loose in the Q1 case. 

I will tell you for sure tomorrow when I collect my Q2 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, T25UFO said:

I will tell you for sure tomorrow when I collect my Q2 🙂

Thank you. Awaiting your discovery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waiting for it too... I ordered my Q2 , I am waiting...

I have 2 Angelo Pele cases, but I keep both the Q1 and 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, iQ2 (formerly Infiniumguy) said:

Thank you. Awaiting your discovery. 

The Arte di Mano case almost fits!  The Play, Function and Menu buttons are fine, as are the four arrow keys, but the thumbwheel is slightly impeded.  Also, the battery access door does not allow removal of the battery and of course the SD card cannot be removed.  I could live without the battery access door, but the biggest issue is the thumbwheel.  See photo.

As I intend to keep this camera long term, I will probably order a new case when it becomes available.  Shame, but all part of the cost to change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, T25UFO said:

The Arte di Mano case almost fits!  The Play, Function and Menu buttons are fine, as are the four arrow keys, but the thumbwheel is slightly impeded.  Also, the battery access door does not allow removal of the battery and of course the SD card cannot be removed.  I could live without the battery access door, but the biggest issue is the thumbwheel.  See photo.

As I intend to keep this camera long term, I will probably order a new case when it becomes available.  Shame, but all part of the cost to change.

Thank you so much. Exactly what I needed to know. Disappointing. Sooo close. One of my few concerns about the Q2 is the moving of the thumb wheel. It looks ergonomically not as good as before. I’ll likely get used to it, but I never had an issue with it on the Q. I wish they would have left it unmoved. Perhaps adding the center button necessitated moving it for mechanical reasons. It just seems too far to the right. 

Like you, I plan to order a replacement from Korea. 

Thanks again!!!👏👏

Edited by iQ2 (formerly Infiniumguy)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2019 at 8:15 AM, pitouthestar said:

Anyone knows if the LIM'S leather case fits?

Yes it fits physically including the screw on the bottom but forget being able to get to the sd card or change the battery without taking the cse off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Angello Pelle case from the Q fits the Q2 but I have to remove it to access battery and SD card slots. But as I had two half cases and straps for the Q1 (that I keep), one is already on the Q2 I received today and will try soon!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The design of Q2 case has different cut out slot at the bottom , so if you are using the Q , though the size is same as the Q2 , however, as the battery lid position is different so you have to remove the case for changing the battery.

Here is a review  of the KAZA 's leica Q2 leather case set , I bet the pictures and video will provide a better ideas of the different.

https://kaza-deluxe.com/shop/leica-q2-leather-case-video-review/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...