Leica T body finish

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The T looks very good and after handling one at Stephens Leicas in Manchester UK I will order one when they are stable and available.

I've read a lot about 45 mins spent per camera on fettling and buffing up the housing.

Even watched the entire You Tube video on the subject!

All this emphasis gave me the impression that the silver T version was therefore in plain polished bright Aluminium and could be expected to collect finger mark and develop corrosion pretty quickly.

As an owner of M8, M9 and M240 I have to say that their bright silver finish picks up finger grease marks very badly indeed and needs to be cleaned off regularly to reduce the risk of permanent staining.....so alarm bells were ringing on the silver T

After handling it ...... the cases are anodised so that's one less worry and during my inspection of the T, which was already well handled by several others, there was no sign of it picking up finger marks....so looking good!

Order with confidence would be my recommendation

Wales

2 May 2014

• Like 3

The T looks very good and after handling one at Stephens Leicas in Manchester UK I will order one when they are stable and available.

I've read a lot about 45 mins spent per camera on fettling and buffing up the housing.

Even watched the entire You Tube video on the subject!

All this emphasis gave me the impression that the silver T version was therefore in plain polished bright Aluminium and could be expected to collect finger mark and develop corrosion pretty quickly.

As an owner of M8, M9 and M240 I have to say that their bright silver finish picks up finger grease marks very badly indeed and needs to be cleaned off regularly to reduce the risk of permanent staining.....so alarm bells were ringing on the silver T

After handling it ...... the cases are anodised so that's one less worry and during my inspection of the T, which was already well handled by several others, there was no sign of it picking up finger marks....so looking good!

Order with confidence would be my recommendation

Wales

2 May 2014

Hi There

I've had one bashing about in my bag, car seat, etc. for the last 6 months - it's possible to scuff the SD card door, but otherwise I have no marks - no scratches - nothing.

I'd say that it was the most durable finish I've seen on any camera, ever (of course, it might all go wrong suddenly like a Rabo Karabekian paint job, but I doubt it.)

• Like 1

I thought both silver and black are anodized. Its not the raw alum.

I am sure both were anodized. It is the most cost-effective means to a coulored finish, and to make a plain finish durable.

So, where is the pink option?

Sent from my Etcha-sketch.

If it's anything like my Macbook Air, then I say it will be fantastic as a finish.

Only places that will easily scuff are the plastic surfaces, like the battery cover.

Unfortunately it will not give a 'brassing' finish. Maybe the black version, an 'aling' finish?