Visiting museum!

Louis

Advertisement (gone after registration)

DLux5

These are from "Phillips Collection" in Washington DC; where I visited Van Gogh exhibition. But I was not allowed to shoot in the Van Gogh's galleries!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

Second is perfect, silhouettes against the painting. Great shot. First one however is a masterpiece on its own, I mean, it could be easily a subject for a painting project. Any painter here is reading this :-)

I wish you moved a step to your left so the face of the woman in red scurf is visible.

Edited by XVarior

Hello Louis.

Two great photographs .In the first it is not only the composition , also the colour which I am sure your artistic eye caught right away.I the second , the couple having a comfortable look at this abstract canvas .An excellent set it is. Bravo. John Basso. :)

Thank you very much, Rodrigue. I tried to make a "candid" shot for the first one, without being seen. But to be honest with you, I never feel very comfortable shooting women with scarfs because I really don't wish to offend them. I can never tell how they feel being photographed!... So, I thought that maybe, it would be more proper to not show their face! :)

John, your kind words are very much appreciated. I am glad the colors came out OK. The light was very bad and I had, I think, ISO 800, which is not the best with DLux. Shots were very noisy and I had to work very hard on them in order to post!

David; thank you very much! I am glad you liked the second shot! :)

Louis,

These are both excellent, as usual. And I do appreciate your sensitivity toward not showing faces in the first. I think this adds mystery as well, and strengthens the story.

Much enjoyed these!

Ece

Thank you so much, Ece. :)