1.102 Problem thread

Shootist

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am starting this to get a list of any problems carried over or new with 1.102 firmware.

For me I still have the wheel problem where you turn the wheel one click clockwise, Zoom in, and you get the multiple thumbnail view on the LCD. It doesn't happen all the time.

Also I still get the old image for 2-5 seconds when using the arrow buttons to page through the images.

I haven't done enough shooting with it yet to see if there are any other glitches

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The LCD on my M8 does flash white in a quarter of a second each time I turn on the main switch

Never noticed that before

The camera also did freeze after 10 shots the first session after upgraded. I had to take the battery out to fix it, and works fine after doing so.

This seems to be a constant problem. If you follow the instructions, it will work. Tell me exactly what is on your sd card. There should be two separate items, and not one inside the other. The first item should be a folder named DCIM, and the second the update file. The update file is NOT the zip file. It should look exactly like this 'm8-1_102.upd'. Now, try again!!

My battery is full charged, have donwload the unzip update download at 3 different cards, nothing happen firmware is not downloading in the camera.

Theo

Try UnZipping it to your hard drive and then COPY it to one of the cards. Also make sure it is placed in the ROOT of the card, that is NOT in any folder/directory on the card.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just installed the update on two M8s without a hitch. So far, in the past fifteen minutes, anyway, everything seems to be just fine. I certainly noticed the different shutter sound, however, but it's nothing I can't live with. I updated from 1.9 to 1.102, having bypassed the 1.92 update last month.

Thank you for responding Chet and Ed, yes I printed out the Instructions for the upgrading and follow it, still not working.

I can live with it.

Theo

Theo you are not doing something correctly.

Take a card and put it in the camera. Then format that card in the camera. Take the card out of the camera and put it in a card reader. Copy the M8-1_102.UPD file to the card (NOT the .ZIP file), DO NOT put in any folder on the card. It has to be in the ROOT (highest level) of the card directory structure. When you view the contents of the card in a file management program like Windows Explorer, or whatever Apple uses, you should see the firmware file, M8-1_102.upd, and a folder named DCIM.

Now put that card in the camera and turn the camera on. The LCD should light up asking you IF you want to update the firmware.

If this doesn't happen then you did something wrong.

Theo you are not doing something correctly.

Take a card and put it in the camera. Then format that card in the camera. Take the card out of the camera and put it in a card reader. Copy the M8-1_102.UPD file to the card (NOT the .ZIP file), DO NOT put in any folder on the card. It has to be in the ROOT (highest level) of the card directory structure. When you view the contents of the card in a file management program like Windows Explorer, or whatever Apple uses, you should see the firmware file, M8-1_102.upd, and a folder named DCIM.

Now put that card in the camera and turn the camera on. The LCD should light up asking you IF you want to update the firmware.

If this doesn't happen then you did something wrong.

It is working now, forget my earlier writing, sorry.

Theo

Guest guy_mancuso
The LCD on my M8 does flash white in a quarter of a second each time I turn on the main switch

Never noticed that before

The camera also did freeze after 10 shots the first session after upgraded. I had to take the battery out to fix it, and works fine after doing so.

Jarle this maybe just because of the firmware switch but let's keep a eye on that

I upgraded from 1.9 directly to 1.102. I shot about 100 shots today (my first shooting since upgrading) and on 3 or 4 of my shots instead of seeing the review image on the LCD after shooting I saw a venitian blind effect of white and black stripes (and one time they were red and black stripes) but no image. The image was there on Play though. I wasn't able to see any correlation to anything I did. I have a feeling I read something about this problem starting at some earlier firmware update but can't remember (feeling slightly overwhelmed by the amount of Leica reading I've been doing recently). Anyone else getting this?

I also seem to have a funny kind of hopping about of review images which I don't remember seeing before upgrading the firmware. I'm not sure I can explain but it almost seems like the review image hops to the next image and then goes back to the image that should be chosen. This is definately a change from how the review images were working before the firmware update.

Lastly, it struck me that the images were coming out darker with auto exposure. I need to look closely at the images this evening to make sure.

I posted this in the other thread but I guess it belongs here instead.

In addition to the scroll wheel occasionally casuing the menu to act like a slot machine display and the occasional blck & white stripped image that is later ok, I have foune two other intermitent behaviors. 1.) Image exposure will be way off like 1/24th in first shot and 1/180th in next shot of same subject, same lighting taken seconds apart and 2.) strange orange (very warm) color balance in one shot and normal color balance in next, again of same image, same settings, same lighting taken seconds apart.

Anyone else experiencing these problems? Guy are you colecting these for Leica? I note that others have experienced the first two I reported. At this point we have at least four intermitent defects in the new software. While they are not show stoppers, they should be fixed. White balance in auto appears to me to be much improved; however, specific white balance settings appear about the same.

__

..... strange orange (very warm) color balance in one shot and normal color balance in next, again of same image, same settings, same lighting taken seconds apart.

__

Yes, me too. Here's two back-to-back frames from my grandson's chucky cheese birthday party while testing the firmware.

contact me for prints.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Yes John i will report these the one i have not seen at all with a big color shift

As we know, the AWB is not fixed yet. I saw an extreme example tonight. The camera chose 7400K for a shot that came out 2500K when properly click-balanced. I have seen the shot-to-shot variations in AWB, but not fequently. I am sure this is already on Leica's list.

I'm still seeing erratic scrolling, so I don't think that one is fixed yet, either.

scott