I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 minutes ago, hillavoider said:

really? that's a big loss. is he posting somewhere else? 

Adam now hosts a group on Instagram called Leica Film Friends. Quite a number of people who regularly post here post to it. It's worth checking out if you're into that Instagram-type stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, stray cat said:

Adam now hosts a group on Instagram called Leica Film Friends. Quite a number of people who regularly post here post to it. It's worth checking out if you're into that Instagram-type stuff.

thanks, im not on instagram, I was thinking covid19 could have been a reason being from NY, so that's a relief 

Edited by hillavoider
  • Thanks 1

this recycled cinefilm made for very painterly images, not sharp, but really looks like its painted, specially if you click on it 

Melbourne Film Supply 500, MP, 28mm 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by hillavoider
  • Like 15

• Like 12

3 hours ago, hillavoider said:

cormorants practicing social distancing, Tmax 400. I also shot this on digital and think I prefer the film. Spent an hour trying to make the digital shot look like film 

Shoot film when you want the film ‘look’  and digital when you want convenience.  Trying to make one look like the other is a waste of time and effort,  a pointless exercise that never works.

Nice image!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, stray cat said:

Apart from Instagram, he’s also active on Facebook and in the 6x17 photographers group on Facebook.  I chatted with him last week, as already said he has no plans to rejoin LUF.

• Thanks 1

On 6/28/2020 at 2:07 PM, fotomas said:

Some more S-Bahn stuff. Here a train heading to Frohnau just arrived at Berlin Gesundbrunnen in December 1982. In those days there where only rather few passengers on the S-Bahn, as you can see. After the building of the Berlin wall there was an boycott on the S-Bahn in West-Berlin since it was run by the GDR. Even 21 years later there are still minor people using the S-Bahn. Hard to imagine if you visit Gesundbrunnen today. In the middle of the platform there are the closed stairways that lead to the other former platforms that are closed and out of action.

Fujicolor F-II

I'm thoroughly enjoying the S-Bahn series. A while back you posted the Feuerbachstraße photo which is simply wonderful.

19 hours ago, Ouroboros said:

Talking Heads.

Hasselblad 503cw

50mm distagon cfi

Ilford HP5

Heliopan 22

An emotive photo Steve with a lovely composition of lines and shade.

14 hours ago, Kl@usW. said:

what the gardener saw...

HB 205; Planar 2/110; Portra 160@100

What a gorgeous place. If I was the gardener I'd sit with my back against the tree and relish the tranquility. 

• Like 3

On 6/28/2020 at 2:36 AM, paulmac said:

Great pic Christopher - I judge a pic by if it makes me stop and look at it and this pic did this!

Completely agree. In the sea of photos today, a few catch and hold your attention. Christopher's is one for me, too.

John

• Thanks 1

Frankfurt am Main, Urban forest

Ricoh R1, Panoramic mode, Kodak Gold 200 (my last roll …)

Sharif

• Like 19

Ilford SFX and 91 Red filter, but not the infrared look I wanted. In Ilf3 9:1 with M4-P 35 Lux FLE, scanned with CL and Sigma 70 f/2.8. Does anyone still make true IR film?

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

another try

Edited by bags27
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, bags27 said:

Ilford SFX and 91 Red filter, but not the infrared look I wanted. In Ilf3 9:1 with M4-P 35 Lux FLE, scanned with CL and Sigma 70 f/2.8. Does anyone still make true IR film?

As far as I know there are no true IR films left. Ilford and Rollei are both near IR. With respect to your picture, don’t forget that the IR effect that you get also depends on the amount of IR light present at the time. If I remember correctly the morning and evening hours tend to have a relative high amount of IR light vs visible light. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bags27 said:

Try some Rollei Superpan 200, but make sure the filter is "correct" for the film. I recall using about ISO6 with my (SWC) setup.

• Thanks 1