I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Guest Benqui

Seen in the streets of Kashan, Iran (Tmax 400)

best regards

Marc

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 12

Do you develop accordingly C-41 in the Rondinax ? ......The thermometer is then destroyed, or ?....

The blue alcohol in the thermometer disappears upwards out of view, but the thermometer bulb doesn't burst.

C.

• Like 1

Here's a friendly challenge to anyone who wants to try (and forgive yet another vapor trail image <sheepish smile>). This is an image on which I have for the longest time failed to nail the colour. I've gone back to it oh so many times and tried all sorts of adjustments. This is as close as I get but it's still not quite there. There are a few difficulties I think. Adjusting the whites to pure white (which the trails should be) tends to wash out the image. Getting the sky right will affect the trails and the bright wall at the lower left. If one gets closer to "right" then the top left corner goes not only very dark but very saturated. And, as can be seen on this version, there is a vertical gradation, ever so slight, from the lower half, which has magenta tint, to the upper half which is more green/cyan. No doubt these troubles are a result of my skill. Anyway, anyone who wants to try, feel free (but don't feel obliged to do so; a 2000dpi scan is on Flickr).

For good measure I include another one too, out of focus because it was shot at something like 1/8 at the very end of dusk. Both with TTL and 50/1.4 Asph on Velvia 100F.

19818985320_9a4735a4b6_b.jpg

Flickr

19384391924_6c73800586_b.jpg

Flickr

• Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

philipus, I wish I had better calibrated screen to look at your photos. I think the trick is to make a photo look good on many different screens, even badly calibrated ones.

B&w is easier,

M7 Summicron-M 50/2 Ilford Pan F Plus Iso 50

• Like 4

Here's a friendly challenge to anyone who wants to try (and forgive yet another vapor trail image <sheepish smile>). This is an image on which I have for the longest time failed to nail the colour. I've gone back to it oh so many times and tried all sorts of adjustments. This is as close as I get but it's still not quite there. There are a few difficulties I think. Adjusting the whites to pure white (which the trails should be) tends to wash out the image. Getting the sky right will affect the trails and the bright wall at the lower left. If one gets closer to "right" then the top left corner goes not only very dark but very saturated. And, as can be seen on this version, there is a vertical gradation, ever so slight, from the lower half, which has magenta tint, to the upper half which is more green/cyan. No doubt these troubles are a result of my skill. Anyway, anyone who wants to try, feel free (but don't feel obliged to do so; a 2000dpi scan is on Flickr).

For good measure I include another one too, out of focus because it was shot at something like 1/8 at the very end of dusk. Both with TTL and 50/1.4 Asph on Velvia 100F.

19818985320_9a4735a4b6_b.jpg

Flickr

19384391924_6c73800586_b.jpg

Flickr

Philip for me it's perfect specially for the second picture

Do not blame me about what I'll tell you, but with the race for isos, and what I criticizes , digital photo is converted

eg picture at night by one of day, which denatures the original picture!

Best

Henry

• Like 1

if it is "gone" up. the thermometer is broken. ;)

Max , my thermometer is up slightly to the right, in back ground, of the photo between develop.(rev.) and stab.bottle :)

All my bottles are at 38 ° C when I develop (verified by the thermometer in each bottle) important for the developer and

the stabilizer. I stop the revelation with acetic acid (ac.ac.) diluted 1/10.

The hot plate is useful and practical.

Dev. C41 Tetenal color film

M8 Macro Elmar 90

Best

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry