I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

vor 20 Minuten schrieb JMF:

Any details about film and gear used will be welcomed.

Hi, the picture has been shot with Leica M-A and Summilux 35 Asph FLE on Ilford FP4+. The film was developed in ID11, dilution 1+1. The negative has been scanned with a Nikon Coolscan 9000 ED, then some minor adjustments have been made and frame has been added in Photoshop. Is that enough information?

Cheers Theodor

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ernest said:

Alabama Stop Law Triptych

Nikon F Nikkor 50mm f/1.4
RBG (ECN-2)

Mobile, Alabama. Close Encounters of the Third Kind location, 1976. From the morgue.

Long live the morgue!!!    ♥️

13 hours ago, Ernest said:

Carter Presidential Campaign

Nikon F2 Nikkor 85mm
RGB (ECN-2)

Another one for Adam's eldest from the file.

Good one, Rog.  I didn't know that Mickey Mouse moonlighted as a cameraman 😂

5 hours ago, edwardkaraa said:

Beirut.

M7 ZM 50/2 Superia 1600 by edward karaa, on Flickr

Good one, Edward.  I can smell the cherry tobacco 😉

4 hours ago, joergel said:

Island of Texel (NL)

Leica M6 - Canon 1,4/50 LTM - TriX400

Love it , Joerg!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Vienna

view to Karlskirche (Karls"church")

Plaubel Makina 67 * Nikkor 2.8/80 * Ilford FP4 Plus * Adox FX-39 * 1+14 * 11,25 min * Reflecta MF 5000

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 17

Vienna

Cafe Schwarzenberg

Plaubel Makina 67 * Nikkor 2.8/80 * Ilford FP4 Plus * Adox FX-39 * 1+14 * 11,25 min * Reflecta MF 5000

• Like 15

Hasselblad XPAN, 4/45mm, CineStill Xpro  50 Daylight 

Folgendes gibt es zum CineStill Xpro  50 Daylight zu beachten:

Expiration: Unexposed CineStill film should be stored in the fridge and shot within 6 months of purchase to achieve optimal results. Exposed film should be processed promptly in C-41 chemicals to preserve latent image latitude and color fidelity. All current productions of CineStill have expiration dates for one year from manufacture date on the packaging. If your film does not have an expiration date it is from early production and is likely age fogged.

Quelle

Man beachte: within 6 months of purchase. Das hat aber absolut nichts mit dem Ablaufdatum zu tun.

Warum ich das so explizit erwähne. ich habe letztes Jahr (September) 20 Rollen gekauft. Ein halbes Jahr ging es gut, danach hatten alle Negative braune Streifen am oberen Bildrand.

Mein Empfehlung: Nur bedingt empfehlenswert

Edited by analog-digital
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

From a short road trip, end of summer.

M7; T max 100; Summaron 28/5.6

• Like 13

Edited by analog-digital
  • Like 18

No Pery by JM__, on Flickr

Plaubel W67 - BW conversion of Portra 400

33 minutes ago, analog-digital said:

Folgendes gibt es zum CineStill Xpro  50 Daylight zu beachten:

Expiration: Unexposed CineStill film should be stored in the fridge and shot within 6 months of purchase to achieve optimal results. Exposed film should be processed promptly in C-41 chemicals to preserve latent image latitude and color fidelity. All current productions of CineStill have expiration dates for one year from manufacture date on the packaging. If your film does not have an expiration date it is from early production and is likely age fogged.

Quelle

Man beachte: within 6 months of purchase. Das hat aber absolut nichts mit dem Ablaufdatum zu tun.

Warum ich das so explizit erwähne. ich habe letztes Jahr (September) 20 Rollen gekauft. Ein halbes Jahr ging es gut, danach hatten alle Negative braune Streifen am oberen Bildrand.

Mein Empfehlung: Nur bedingt empfehlenswert

Daniel - It is ironic that you are posting this info because just today I was at B&H and I visited the film section and noticed that none of the Cinestill films were in the refrigerator (where all the other films were).  I asked whether this was intentional and was told that it was, but the salesperson didn't know why.  Well, I know why!!!  My theory is that this film should not be refrigerated AT ALL as it is sensitive to extreme temperatures.  I believe that my bad experiences (well documented in LUF) may have had something to do with my refrigeration either before and/or after shooting the film.  My guess i that B&H's storage outside the refrigerator is per explicit instructions from Cinestill...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

vor 8 Minuten schrieb A miller:

Daniel - It is ironic that you are posting this info because just today I was at B&H and I visited the film section and noticed that none of the Cinestill films were in the refrigerator (where all the other films were).  I asked whether this was intentional and was told that it was, but the salesperson didn't know why.  Well, I know why!!!  My theory is that this film should not be refrigerated AT ALL as it is sensitive to extreme temperatures.  I believe that my bad experiences (well documented in LUF) may have had something to do with my refrigeration either before and/or after shooting the film.  My guess i that B&H's storage outside the refrigerator is per explicit instructions from Cinestill...

That could very true. I store ALL my film NOT in any fridge. I just put it in a dark place with room temperature. Also my OLD Kodak 220 160VC (7/2009) and 220 Tri-X Pan 320 (5/2004)......

BTW, what are you doing there??????? GAS and/or FAS? Are you living nearby?

Edited by analog-digital
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, analog-digital said:

That could very true. I store ALL my film NOT in any fridge. I just put it in a dark place with room temperature. Also my OLD Kodak 220 160VC (7/2009) and 220 Tri-X Pan 320 (5/2004)......

BTW, what are you doing there??????? GAS and/or FAS? Are you living nearby?

ha ha, I was on my way home from shooting the sunrise from New Jersey with Marc Tauber (MT0227) and bought a new camera bag for my Technorama gear.  I finally succumbed and bought one that has wheels and backpack straps. 

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1340540-REG/think_tank_photo_497_streetwalker_rolling_backpack_v2_0.html

Also bought a light that I can strap to my head like a coal miner for when it is pitch black dark and I can't see my gear at night:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1354686-REG/pelican_027500_0102_110_2750c_gen_3_headlamp.html

And then bought some Velvia 50 for hopefully some fall leaves in pano in Central Park...

:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Lest We Forget.  R5, 21-35mm Vario Elmar-R, Tri-X, Ordinal.

• Like 12

• Like 16

O Pery by JM__, on Flickr

Portra 400 - M2 - 35 Summicron v1