I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well with results like these I don't understand why one shouldn't use HC-110. This photo is very nice indeed.

Not sure. They must have their own test data. The website specifically says Not Recommended. The massive dev chart has some more extra data, although, I went straight for Fomapan 100 dev time.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

Pepto Bollard

M-A APO-Summicron-M 50mm LHSA Portra 400

• Like 11

Not sure. They must have their own test data. The website specifically says Not Recommended. The massive dev chart has some more extra data, although, I went straight for Fomapan 100 dev time.

I agree with Philip Antonio, can't see why you can't carry on with it as you have.

To me the thick negs look like over-exposure, or processing, or both.

If you have more of the film, try it at 200ISO perhaps. Or a bit higher, and then with less development.

O simply go back to what you know and like.

Gary

• Like 1

Burano Leica M2 Summicron C 40 Agfa Precisa 100

• Like 12

Ha, we stayed not far from there. This is between Zitelle and Redentore "bus-stops"? We stayed next to the Hilton, behind where you took this from. And back there in a month or so.

Gary

Venice is amazing, I need to stay longer next time, so much to explore. I think you are correct on the location, good eye!

I agree with Philip Antonio, can't see why you can't carry on with it as you have.

To me the thick negs look like over-exposure, or processing, or both.

If you have more of the film, try it at 200ISO perhaps. Or a bit higher, and then with less development.

O simply go back to what you know and like.

Gary

Oh yes, for sure. Also because I only have one more roll of Kosmo.

I only wanted to comment what I got from the film.

It was sunny so I metered from the heart  :)  (iso 100 so 1/125s F16-11 in the sun and F5.6/4 in the shadow of the umbrella).

Next roll -> EI 50

Here's another shot from the same roll. Chips and beer.

M3, Canon 50/1.4 LTM, Kosmo Foto Mono 100

42632976564_dd22960947_b.jpg

20180710-DSC00531 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

BTW in the third photo of post #51738, my mother in law is waving from the grain (Blow Up style)

• Like 8

Konica Auto-Reflex, Helios 44-2 58/2, Fuji Superia 100 expired

• Like 11

It was sunny so I metered from the heart  :)  (iso 100 so 1/125s F16-11 in the sun and F5.6/4 in the shadow of the umbrella).

Next roll -> EI 50

But would you rate it at EI50? Surely that would make the negs even thicker? Or is it me that is thicker??

I'd have though thick negs means too much exposure, so rating it at EI200 would be preferred?

Gary

Next roll -> EI 50

Here's another shot from the same roll. Chips and beer.

M3, Canon 50/1.4 LTM, Kosmo Foto Mono 100

42632976564_dd22960947_b.jpg

20180710-DSC00531 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

BTW in the third photo of post #51738, my mother in law is waving from the grain (Blow Up style)

I love Foma film. I consider it to be close kin to expired USSR film, only fresh. I have shot Foma 100, 200, and 400 at box speed. Of the three, it seems Foma 200 seems to process most satisfactorily/consistently after being shot at box speed. I sometimes wonder if the 100, 200, and 400 are not the same film.......Just packaged differently. :)

Welta Weltur, Foma 200,

Information too important to be left to mythology

• Like 11

Bordeaux - one of the world's loveliest cities. And the French like dogs - another reason to like France and the French. Ilford XP2

Edited by Michael Hiles
  • Like 17

Bruna Stude with Her Work at Galerie 103, Kauai

M-A Summilux-M 50mm ASPH. Black Chrome Portra 400

Phil, here's another shot of Bruna with her comments about her abstract photography work. You would not guess that this piece started with photographs she takes scuba diving.

"My developing process is quite a bit unique as I work outdoors (it is what one is NOT supposed to do when developing a photograph!) but because the prints are so large, I have no choice but to work outside. Since the Sun is an enemy - I work at night or build a tunnel from Sintra sheets to transport my prints in a developing tub. My rinse process is done with the garden hose. I also use a juice from the lime of my own lime tree in my chemical mix to achieve deep blacks... leaves flying around and decomposing in my developing tubs change chemistry and are accidental natural matter that most of the time adds to my work and every once in a while is a disaster."

Last year, she was invited to exhibit at the Songzchuan International Photography Biennial in Beijing

Perhaps Adam will start thinking of polyptychs now. (No, they are not dinosaurs from Jurassic Park.)

• Like 12

Bruna with Brollie

M-A Summilux-M 50mm ASPH. Black Chrome Portra 400

• Like 11

Meet you there for a coffee/wine/Spritz in late August/Early September then.

Gary

In Venice? You need a loan for a spritz in Venice!   :)

Actually a spritz would be nice right now at work!

I love Foma film. I consider it to be close kin to expired USSR film, only fresh. I have shot Foma 100, 200, and 400 at box speed. Of the three, it seems Foma 200 seems to process most satisfactorily/consistently after being shot at box speed. I sometimes wonder if the 100, 200, and 400 are not the same film.......Just packaged differently. :)

Welta Weltur, Foma 200,

attachicon.gifimg812-2.jpg

Foma 400 is very nice in HC-110 or, at least, it worked well for me. I've never tried Foma 200.

• Like 1

Welta Weltur, Foma 200,

attachicon.gifimg812-2.jpg

I was googling (the verb 'to search' :) ) for a film with a comparatively ineffective anti-halation layer to induce a glow to my images. Reality in the photographic output is not the way I always want to see things. My googling indicates that Fomapan is less effective than Ilford or Kodak, but I can't work out which of the three ISO rated Foma films is the least ineffective, or even if that's the case.

I was googling (the verb 'to search' :) ) for a film with a comparatively ineffective anti-halation layer to induce a glow to my images. Reality in the photographic output is not the way I always want to see things. My googling indicates that Fomapan is less effective than Ilford or Kodak, but I can't work out which of the three ISO rated Foma films is the least ineffective, or even if that's the case.

My constant jumping from one old camera/format/film/lens to another makes me a very poor authority on individual films, I am capable of reacting only to what hits me in the face. I have yet to find an emulsion that I do not like and don't want to work with again. My comment on the three Foma films is a casual observation. Of the three, the 200 seems most consistent, in exposure, when shot at its rated speed. The photo below was shot with a very old Welta Weltur 4.5x6 camera. Film was Foma 200. It was a very bright, cloudless sky; under a tree. I like the result. I think it captures, very well, age of this fine old traction engine. Having spent my life as a boiler inspector, I feel a level of affection for these old beasts.........Want to stroke them......Whisper sweet endearments to them. :)

Edited by Wayne
  • Like 12