I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Out of the blue:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Minilux - Fuji Superia 100

• Like 17

Fantastic Jay, almost looks like a long-exposure night photography somehow. It has a timeless feel to it.

Sunrise, Grain Elevator and Mount Hood

Near Wasco, Oregon

August 1993

M6, 35mm Summicron, Fuji Velvia

26458254878_9cbba9137a_b.jpg

Sunrise, Grain Elevator and Mount Hood by Jay Burleson Seattle, on Flickr

The guy covering his face (or at least it seems that he does) reminds me of that joke where (as it was told to me) a bunch of Finnish men take a break from the hot sauna by the seashore together with a visiting Irishman when a big cruise liner passes very, very near. All Fins quickly put their hands to their groin areas whereas the Irishman covers his face. Later when the Fins ask why he did that, he replies "In Ireland we're recognised by our faces". :ph34r:  :D  

Some more “anonymous” New Yorkers :)
Portra 400
M-A, 28 elmarit pre asph

Excellent composition Antonio.

Colonnade of Piazza Duomo at 7.30 and a guy going to work.

M6, Summicron 35 asph, Fomapan 400, HC-110 dil B

26462940668_de5be65a2b_b.jpg20180211-DSCF1107 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

• Like 6

39599155204_af679c0557_b.jpgGeese, Cincinnati by W P_, on Flickr

IID, 28mm Summaron LTM, Orwo N74

Great shot.

If I'm not mistaken, that bridge was designed by John Roebling, who went on to design the Brooklyn Bridge. It bears a striking resemblance to its larger, celebrity sister. He also designed a bridge across the Danube, in Budapest that also carries similar design elements.

• Like 2

Jay - of all of the photographs that I have seen from you over the many years I think I like these last few ones from film the very best

Sunrise, Grain Elevator and Mount Hood

Near Wasco, Oregon

August 1993

M6, 35mm Summicron, Fuji Velvia

26458254878_9cbba9137a_b.jpg

Sunrise, Grain Elevator and Mount Hood by Jay Burleson Seattle, on Flickr

Duly noted and thanks as always for your opinion, Eoin

That's a definite 'Wow' from me, Adam - Love it!

I think you’ve found this year’s Christmas card :)

Out of the blue:

attachicon.gifBild-1-159.jpg

In addition to a hangable piece of fine art, this would make a wildly successful stock photo, as it has so many possible connotations. Really great.

I'm skipping a bit between rolls, this is Provia 100, shot last summer not too far from Stockholm along Lake Mälaren.

25411603737_9564ce943f_b.jpg

Flickr

80 Planar

Hillarious, Philip, made me fall off my chair!! :)

Fantastic Jay, almost looks like a long-exposure night photography somehow. It has a timeless feel to it.

The guy covering his face (or at least it seems that he does) reminds me of that joke where (as it was told to me) a bunch of Finnish men take a break from the hot sauna by the seashore together with a visiting Irishman when a big cruise liner passes very, very near. All Fins quickly put their hands to their groin areas whereas the Irishman covers his face. Later when the Fins ask why he did that, he replies "In Ireland we're recognised by our faces". :ph34r:  :D  

Excellent composition Antonio.

• Like 5

Great shot.

If I'm not mistaken, that bridge was designed by John Roebling, who went on to design the Brooklyn Bridge. It bears a striking resemblance to its larger, celebrity sister. He also designed a bridge across the Danube, in Budapest that also carries similar design elements.

Thanks. You are correct. Although still in use, the bridge has become sort of a lightly traveled artifact. It is presently known, locally, as "Purple People Bridge." If you ever find yourself in Cincy, and have time, make sure you take a walk across it.

Best,

Wayne

• Like 2

I think you’ve found this year’s Christmas card :)

I hope I don't forget it till december :)

Here comes another one from Austria:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 13

1966 or '67?

Likely 1967. That was a banner year in Montreal, a year of brilliant memories. We were host to Expo ’67, an absolutely wonderful World’s Fair. I was a university student, I had just acquired an M2, and was learning many things. And it was a year of many pictures.

• Like 2

Likely 1967. That was a banner year in Montreal, a year of brilliant memories. We were host to Expo ’67, an absolutely wonderful World’s Fair. I was a university student, I had just acquired an M2, and was learning many things. And it was a year of many pictures.

The women’s hairdo gave it away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Very nice, Michael. The looks on peoples' faces are interesting, from the "I'm just trying to look cool" to "hm, I'm not sure this guy knows what he's doing" :)

Montreal street artist, long ago. Likely Adox KB14. A fine film, somewhat missed.

Good skiing photo James. Looks like it was a great day.

I hope I don't forget it till december :)

Here comes another one from Austria:

attachicon.gifBild-1-158.jpg

• Like 3