Just joined the film club

innerimager

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi Harris,

I am in the interior of BC Canada.

Getting the Xtol, fixer and clearing agent was no problem. Just seen on the one US web site there was shipping restrictions on Rodinal and the where shipping only to the US and ground only. I still got enough Xtol to last me quit a wile by the time I ran out I am sure I will have found some Rodinal or maybe I like the results I am getting from the Xtol so I will stick with it.

Peter

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Peter (innerimager),

Wow I just found this thread. A very good read! I have a book on B&W film development and I read it from time to time. I also look into making the purchase of the chemistry and the equipment. I just have not done this yet.

Now I'm short on cash so I just get the film developed into negaitves for less then $2.00 at Waldgreens and they even give me a free one when I bring in 2 rolls the 3rd is free. So for $4.00 I get 3 rolls developed. Then as you know because you have been to my house I scan them in.

I'm using my M5 and Summilux and I'm trying to find an inexpensive 35mm f/2.8 Summaron. I want to stay with the Leitz system.

I have also picked up a Sigma 800mm f/5.6 APO AF lens and a Sigma 500 f/4.5 APO AF "film only" lenses for $2,300 for both of them I'm using my Canon EOS 1-V with them. Funny thing they also work with my Canon DSLR's but only at the wide open aperture. I'm having a real good time this summer shooting more film than ever!