R8 vs R9

1750Shooter

Regarding the difference in price, I would opt for the r8 (got one myself). Watch for later serial numbers (243... and up.) Some early models had electronic troubles when combined with the motor-winder R8 (some, that is, not all!). When left without a winder or combined with the Drive, serial number is of no importance (as far as I know).

If money isn't an issue, R9. 100 g lighter and a little bit more refined (though some users don't like the lock butten for it's mode-dial).

Both are great cams for sure!

Regards, Stefan

• 4 months later...
Ergonomically they're both great. Excellent VF too, but maybe not quite as good as the fabled SL/SL2. Personally I prefer my R9 to my R8. But new R8s are available with warranty at an excellent price in Holland (ask Jaapv)

Are you serious? New R8s with a warranty?:eek:

Oh, man...I would do most anything for a deal like that...would be a great companion to my trusty R4.:)

What are the actual differences between the R8 & R9? I've got an R3 & love it but like how sleek the R8 is. Thanks.

If I could afford the difference I'd (personally) prefer the R9's mode lock, lighter weight and high-speed flash sync. I only use the off and manual modes and the R8's mode dial gets bumped to other settings too easily.

• Like 1