3 of my newest wildlife photos

drdannn

Dan -

These are terrific. Where?

Hi Stuart,

The bird photos were taken at a man made lake near my house. It's called Lake Balboa. Even tho' man made, it is quite large having a circumference of about 1 1/2 miles with the L.A. River flowing into it on one end, and out thru a Wildlife preserve on the other end. The total area of wildlife preserve is about 5 miles square. These "Turkey Hawks" just found out about the preserve. They are quite friendly actually; they don't run away and they are quite easy to feed with some bread crumbs. I was able to take the photos very close to them.

The turtles are located at a shopping area called "Calabasas Commons". There is a beautiful , quite large area of rocky ponds and waterfalls. They loaded up the ponds with hundreds of large turtles. Some are a foot long. They are amazingly friendly too. They do hear and see, and respond to human voice and presence. The water is crystal clear which is why I was able to get such a crisp photo.

Hope all is well, Dan

• Like 1