Battery drain

Studio58

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I believed this only happened with Ni-Ca batteries. Lithium batteries have memsory too. Don´t throw your old batteries they may have an after life

Only if they are LiFePO4 batteries, and it is only relevant for use in electric vehicles. For all practical purposes our camera batteries have  no memory effect. The phenomenon we are seeing here is the synchronisation of the battery electronics and camera software, which determines the battery level indication. In fact, discharging them fully regularly will shorten their life.

So battery went from 3% to 95% after it turned off alone because of no battery left; just one switch on and battery was almost full again. I´ll keep following how this battery behaves.

The same happened to me:

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/148213-non-leica-m9-battery-test/page-8

(see posting 142 and 148)

With a 3rd-party replacement, labeled "Li-Ion".

What type is yours? OEM?

The indicator is in the camera ("info" button), but it can only indicate what the battery "reports", I think.

And some batteries seem to report "low" even just after charging, I had to shoot around 100x with the "false low" battery, until suddenly the level displayed on the camera jumped to almost full. Now I hope the displayed level of this battery will be correct after some normal shootings and charging cycles

• Like 1

• 7 months later...