Here comes the LEICA M9-P – unobtrusive, non-slip, hardened

Leica Blog

Advertisement (gone after registration)

You have missed the point I was trying to make – an assertion made without the evidence to back it up is valueless, whether it is a claim to have taken a potential prize-winning photo that one does not wish to produce for scrutiny, or a claim that the M9-P is being largely bought by collectors but for which no evidence is offered. [...[

What are you referring to?

Contex, please?

Edited by pico

I love my M as much as the other guy, and God knows Pico and I don't always agree, but I gotta say, I both can afford the M9p and completely fail to see what it can possible add to my photography, short of undefined fondling value, now in the spirit of feeling artistic and inspired with a camera Im happy with... well surely some folks will enjoy the M9-p, but nobody is the lesser for buying a used M9. and there is not likely to be a meaningful conversation with somebody stating the picture could only have been made with a m9p, note the word meaningful. (as a matter of fact Im thinking if it starts raining slightly used gray m9's I might want a backup.)

So back to where I started... Im with Pico on this, one can be a Leica fan boy without having to be awestruck with the m9p. Its like a ford fiesta upgrade, new plastic and bumpers. (and yes i too want the sapphire glass, but have never had problems with the red dot)

Bo

• Like 1

I love my M as much as the other guy, and God knows Pico and I don't always agree, but I gotta say, I both can afford the M9p and completely fail to see what it can possible add to my photography, short of undefined fondling value, [....]

Never in forty years of photography did I have a 1/4000th of a second. So when I made this shot I actually short-exposed and accidentally, compared to my previous experience got a marvelous image. It's a combination of old experience to shoot early and accept the blur. Didn't happen. So far this year is The Family Picture of the Year.

23965-albums4157-picture6780.jpg

My Mother's eldest great grand daughter liberating my Mother's ashes.