andybarton

Please vote for your choice of venue for the 2011 "One Challenge"  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Please vote for your choice of venue for the 2011 "One Challenge"

• Barcelona
    • Palermo
    • Prague

:D

and next year it's going to be: 'nice camera, sir. so many things can happen to it, you know? i can offer protection, and i think you need it.'

Returned the RF-free NEX-3 yesterday (for nice glass costing a couple of times that much). So i might have the Fuji by then and borrow back the D-Lux 4 i gave as a present some time ago, to qualify for the Challenge.

Years ago a cab drove in reverse for 20m, because the driver wanted to hand us the camera (Minox 24x36) we forgot on the back seat. It was in Italy.

:)

PS The D-Lux 4 over one sholder, the Fuji (my hope has been disappointed before: m4/3+x1 without buying, nex now) over the other sholder or better: the M8+28mm on a wrist strap (so i don't forget it).

Hallo Herr Delbeck,

unsere italienischen Foto-Freunde hatten auch schon beim wort-wörtlich gleichen Spääßsche vor 2 Wochen auf ironische Danke-Klicks verzichtet. Warum fahren Sie nicht nach Berlin und fliegen ab da? Es wird sehr schön sein! :) Übrigens kommt meine beste Mitarbeiterin, seit 12 Jahren bei uns, fast aus Sachsen. (Ihre Mutter ist in der wunderschönen Stadt geboren, die Sie als Ihren Reiseausgangsort angeben. Und sie ist selbst jenseits der Grenze zu Thüringen aufgewachsen.) Auch das reicht schon für ein flottes Auftreten und einen scharfen Verstand. :) Und eine andere hat einen italienischen Verlobten.

Gut Licht wünscht Ihnen bei diesem Prachtwetter,

Ihr Leicafreund Simon Peter Voigt

Edited by Guest
:) :)

From Tripadvisor

To the first-time visitor, Palermo is a city of ever-changing character. An abundance of dusty museums, Arabian domes and flourishes of baroque splendor jostle with boisterous markets, chaotic traffic and oppressive summer heat. The Sicilian hotspot is a noisy, polluted, often dangerous, but always fascinating city. Don't miss marvels of Arab-Norman architecture, such as 12th-century Palazzo dei Normanni or San Giovanni degli Eremiti. Ask your hotel to arrange cabs and negotiate fares before setting off.

Sounds great!

:)

BA fly to Catania direct from Gatwick. More money, but available through AirMiles for nothing ;)

Yeah, I saw that Andy. Thought of maybe doing that flight and staying in Catania for a few days before driving over to Palermo.

Cheers, Tom

Maybe I am being a bit slow - which date will the One Challenge be?

I also agree with Stefan - a challenge in the morning or late afternoon would be better for the light.

I am looking forward to it and knowing my luck again - Sleazyjet will start to fly there the week after the Challenge.

Is there anything to shoot in Perpignan? :)

Well, there's a castle, a palace, an old cathedral, a "North African" area, lots of narrow streets. Oh, and lots of people walking around with cameras.

To be honest, it's probably too close in time to people's holidays to ever be a flyer.