X1 lens cap ??

Jelico

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I don't know do you all have problems with the lens cap, but mine has been falling off all the time and eventually I lost it. It was falling off even in the bag, just from bag movement, I don't know if Leica is proud of such a "design".

I am looking for replacement, any suggestions ? please

Can't offer a solution but yes, I found the same thing and have read recently others complaining too. One more little mistake on the X1.. pity.

Thanks, I found one spare 46mm lens cap for Elmarit 90/2.8 which fits quite well, and its much smaller than the original lens cap. Will do for time being.....

As a follow up...the best fit so far is with lens cap for Ricoh Caplio GX100/200, it sits firmly, very slim, not easy to fall off and even makes X1 more pocketable than with the original lens cap.

My lens cap fits so well I can pick up the camera (over a soft surface!) just by the lens cap, it has never fallen off. I would suggest that the cap is faulty, and should be replaced under warranty

All caps for all Leicas (Ms and Rs) have similar caps. I have never lost a single one since the last four decades. I have total 8 Leica Lenses. What is the discussion? X1 is a LEICA !

Guest badbob
All caps for all Leicas (Ms and Rs) have similar caps. I have never lost a single one since the last four decades. I have total 8 Leica Lenses. What is the discussion? X1 is a LEICA !

I haven't lost my X1 cap yet, but it has so many dents now that it's losing the shape needed to stay on.

Guest badbob
Just from banking around in your pocket?

Dropped many times, pavement and concrete. Fortunately not down a sewer yet, but it's inevitable. If I ever have to get a replacement, I'm going to get a hole drilled or ring attached, like the DL4/LX3. I'd still be using the LX3, but it's just too small for my hands, and a grip doesn't help.