Local Train Job at Reichold

cardinal

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi everyone just wanted to say Happy Holidays. Here are some local train shots working at the Reichold Chemicals plant shoving two full tank cars. I have never seen a train here before and I was just at the right place at the right time. It was cloudy and had been raining on and off that day and before. Reichold is the world's largest supplier of unsatured polyester resins for composites and leading supplier of coating resins. They were all shot with 50 2.8 Elmar with Kodak 160 VC film. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Thanks Ray, very nice.

However I am amazed that a person riding on the last vehicle is still permitted in the US.

Here in Australia, it's not permitted and it's illegal and any person doing so could be dismissed (fired) from the industry.

(Our rule is, the person's must walk to their own safety and be in a position and visable to the Driver or Engineer at all times.

Ken.

Well, I think it is very common or I should say I see a lot with the local operations. The person riding it would be the switchman and he does have a radio with him to communicate to the enginneer. When it was parked in the middle of the street there were 1 man each side ot the train to warn traffic.