M9 exif data on LR

AGeoJO

Advertisement (gone after registration)

First off, my current version of LR version 2.6, which I upgraded from previous version directly from Adobe and not from the CD that came with the M9, crashes each time I go to the "Develop" module but it is no big deal since I like the rendition of my M9 files using Capture One 5.0.2 anyway. But I do like the exif data displayed on LR but I noticed that it is off although the specs of the lens used is displayed properly but the aperture used was off. Going back to M8, I didn't think that the actual aperture setting was given at all. So, I was pleasently surprised that it was displayed on the M9 files. However, it was off, since I did a deliberate test to document that. Typically, it was off by 2/3 stop on the high side although it varies a little. Is this normal? Has any of you experienced the same issue?

Thanks,

Joshua

LR 2.6 does not properly support the M9. You can download and use version 2.5.

f stop is only estimated and this is done in the camera not in software

Revert to 2.6 RC and you can get the EXIF data - I sort of like it! Adobe recognise the problem and have made this version available: Lightroom 2.6 - Adobe Labs

Best

C:

Thanks for the info. At least, now I know that it is not an issue with my computer as I recently upgraded to 64-bit Windows 7.