Am I really an unknown specie?

geaibleu

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I wonder whether other LFI readers have been confronted with the same type of despise I got when I complained about not getting what I paid for, and have for quite a few years.

I very politely asked for reasons of not getting LFI, and here is what I got as a reply:

Unfortunately we cannot find any subscription for your name or for this address. Have you moved in the last months. If so, please let us know your old address.

You can also have a look on the mailing label. Between the hash symbols you can find your customer number. It should start with 119.

For further questions please feel free to contact us.

Best regards

Customer Service LFI

Johanna Krüger

The big deal is that they should know better, and indeed keep that type of information with their own records. I find it ridiculous to have to be the one to prove that I am a bona fide customer.

A later note from LFI indicated that following a change in procedures, some informations were not properly collated, hinting that there had been an error somewhere in that particular transition.

The big deal is that they should know better, and indeed keep that type of information with their own records.

indded they should, but if they made a mistake copying your name and/or address what are they to do? All companies make mistakes and I don't think that asking for your customer number is unreasonable.

All right, if we were arguing in a court of law I would tell my obviously less learned friend that if a commercial organisation is at liberty to access a credit card account for a yearly subscribtion, especially because they have been so instructed, that commercial organization should indeed know to whom that specific accounts belongs by keeping appropriate accounting feedback.

I would also tell my less learned friend that telling such a customer that, despite his allowing his credit card to be charged, his name and address are unknown quantities, amounts to tell that client that he is a fraud. Ttelling an honest citizen that he is a fraud on false grounds, is a serious offense.

I would finally tell my less learned friend that the primary goal of any commercial enterprise is to satisfy its customers so that they can be kept as satisfied customers, and that, if a doubt arises, it ought to be made in such a way as not to sound offensive to the said customer.

And I would suggest to my less learned friend that any such organization that seems eager to accuse a bona fide customer of fraud, is indeed itself fraudulent.

Guest AgXlove

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The big deal is that they should know better, and indeed keep that type of information with their own records. I find it ridiculous to have to be the one to prove that I am a bona fide customer.

A later note from LFI indicated that following a change in procedures, some informations were not properly collated, hinting that there had been an error somewhere in that particular transition.

I can see your point: They should have had their feces together and they did not. That is the crux of the matter.

Apparently your subscriber data fell through the cracks during their efforts to "improve" their database. Ah, the miracle that is computers... :rolleyes:

We in the USA get LFI from GLP News Photography and so far, I have not had this problem with them.

I always pay by credit card on their website so there is an acknowledgement of payment emailed to me from GLP News. It would be hard for them to claim I didn't exsist or had not paid for my subscription if I forwarded that back to them.

The big deal is that they should know better.

... so should you, IMHO, if I dare offer a bit of advice to the more learned friend. :D

When I buy goods in stone and mortar shops, I keep the receipt. When I order by web and pay by credit card, I keep the acknowledgments, most especially any assigned numbers.

That's so that I can place a credible claim should the goods or service become misplaced.

• 2 weeks later...
I very politely asked for reasons of not getting LFI, and here is what I got as a reply:

Unfortunately we cannot find any subscription for your name or for this address. Have you moved in the last months. If so, please let us know your old address.

You can also have a look on the mailing label. Between the hash symbols you can find your customer number. It should start with 119.

I would classify that as a helpful attempt to sort this out. The fault may easily have been on Interabo’s side (Interabo is handling all the subscription stuff for LFI) but even then they would have to somehow correct the info in their database for which knowing your customer number is essential. Normally that number would be found by searching for your name and/or address, but that this search had failed is the very issue they were trying to solve at that point. This kind of issue could also arise if you have placed your subscription not with LFI (and thus eventually Interabo) but through, for example, GLP News – which is said to offer some advantages, but then you would need to deal with them as Interabo or LFI wouldn’t know about you. In any case, when you aren’t satisfied with Interabo’s handling of the situation you should contact LFI directly through info@lfi-online.de.