Number of active users: A new record?

integrale

Advertisement (gone after registration)

When I joined this forum only a few months ago, on average between 50 or 100 users where active in the "Digital forum". Today I noticed that number had climbed to well over 400 and the forum statistics read as follows:

Currently Active Users: 648 (300 members and 348 guests)

Is this a new record and do you think this is an effect of the 9/9/9-hype apparently orchestrated (geniously) by Leica?

When I joined this forum only a few months ago, on average between 50 or 100 users where active in the "Digital forum". Today I noticed that number had climbed to well over 400 and the forum statistics read as follows:

Currently Active Users: 648 (300 members and 348 guests)

Is this a new record and do you think this is an effect of the 9/9/9-hype apparently orchestrated (geniously) by Leica?

...348 guests? Hype or not, I hope they're getting ready to spend.

The numbers peaked at Photokina last year (in fact the forum almost crashed with the number of hits), and I would expect a surge after the announcement on Wednesday, particularly if there are new lenses or a "third" camera in the mix.

...348 guests? Hype or not, I hope they're getting ready to spend.

Well, I bailed on my previous M8 w/3-lenses last year and now I'm back. I sure wish I had held on to my 50-Lux but that's the way it goes. I told myself if the M9 was under 7k I would seriously consider it, and it appears that it is. As such, I just sent an email to my dealer so the ball is in his court.

Regards, :rolleyes: