M8 White Edition unboxed with pictures

dfarkas

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Camera colours are a fashion thing. Including black and chrome.

Leicas started as black, and then when chrome became available, it was more expensive. Then chrome became pervasive, and you had to pay extra for black. Now black is pervasive, and you pay a lot extra for one of a very small run of another colour.

So what? When they are the same price, I'll generally pick black over chrome at present, but if one is cheaper by $10, I'll take that one. It doesn't affect my pictures or picture taking, and I don't buy my cameras with resale value in mind.

If someone wants something different, and is willing to pay the premium, let them have a choice of white, red, blue, green; whatever.

Henning

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When the first white M8 pictures were shown, I said I quite liked the look. I haven't changed my mind, my only disappointment would be the (a) it's an M8 not an M8.2 with the enhancements, (B) the 28 Elmarit included in the package, I'd much prefer the 28 Summicron in the same style, © I would prefer a standard serial issue rather than pay the excessive price of a limited edition.

Oh! and while I like it, it wouldn't be practical for me with the (ab)use I give my equipment, I'm sure my other half would be quite happy to own a thing of such exclusivity and beauty. Only things is, she'd have to learn all about the basics of photography just to get decent images to somewhat justify the price.