M8 White Edition unboxed with pictures

dfarkas

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yesterday, our first shipment of the M8 White Edition Sets came in. I took a few minutes to photograph everything and put it up my blog. Check it out if you so desire.

David Farkas Photography Blog

BTW, photographing a white camera on a high-key white product table isn't as easy as it looks. :) Enjoy.

David

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's INCLUDED!!!... But that ruins the 12 weeks of post filter anticipation!... :D

I've posted this on the forum before, but our policy as a "good" dealer is to provide two filters to our customers when they purchase an M8. Then, when they receive the free filters from Leica some weeks later, they send them to us and everyone is happy. This procedure has always seemed to be pretty obvious and the right thing to do, at least to me.

David

It looks to be the original M8, 1/8000s shutter, not a M8.2. I guess they needed to do something with the leftover parts.

That's why its called an M8 and not an M8.2, sorry to be pedantic!

I'd love one personally :) Shame about the black dial and buttons though.

That's why its called an M8 and not an M8.2, sorry to be pedantic!

I'd love one personally :) Shame about the black dial and buttons though.

James,

I thought some more about that. Why black on a white camera? :confused:

The conclusion I came to is that if you've ever had anything made out of white plastic, it generally turns yellow over the course of a few years. Black plastic stays black. This isn't an issue with the white leather or with white paint, but all the black pieces are made of plastic.

Just an idea....

David

I makes me think of Emma Peel... There was an episode where the baddie blasted his opponents with a laser,and everything turned white. Rather a waste of good flour, I thought at the time..

Yesterday, our first shipment of the M8 White Edition Sets came in. I took a few minutes to photograph everything and put it up my blog. Check it out if you so desire.

David Farkas Photography Blog

BTW, photographing a white camera on a high-key white product table isn't as easy as it looks. :) Enjoy.

David

Well David, I glad you had the b@lls to post these pics on this site because you know this can be a rough crowd. It kind of looks good and I hope you sell some.

I just hate the Safari, White, Gucci, Special Edition thing on an otherwise very good camera. I feel like it cheapens it by emphasizing the jewelry, look-at-me, show your wealth aspect of an otherwise very capable camera, in the right hands.

I wish I had known about your filter thing because it's the right way to do business and Leica should have thought about it before you.

I've posted this on the forum before, but our policy as a "good" dealer is to provide two filters to our customers when they purchase an M8. Then, when they receive the free filters from Leica some weeks later, they send them to us and everyone is happy. This procedure has always seemed to be pretty obvious and the right thing to do, at least to me.

David

Now that's a good businessman ;)

James,

I thought some more about that. Why black on a white camera? :confused:

The conclusion I came to is that if you've ever had anything made out of white plastic, it generally turns yellow over the course of a few years. Black plastic stays black. This isn't an issue with the white leather or with white paint, but all the black pieces are made of plastic.

Just an idea....

David

Good point about the yellow plastic

There's a good chance the buyers of the white edition will also own some black lenses...maybe the black parts on the camera can help to balance out the look of the camera when black lenses are attached. Who knows? But I like the camera... it would be nice to buy if for no other reason than to annoy fellow forumites

Pretty interesting... I wonder how it will look for the wedding that I'll be shooting in the snow in Norway in February... :D

Thanks for posting the images, David... I'll love to see one firsthand once I get back from Mexico next week.

Cheers,