Need help with Capture One

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I wanted to start using Capture One 4.8.1 to develop Raws, but something strange is happening to me.

I'm used to copy the pictures from my M8 card on my computer then I open Capture One and import the picture from the folder they are in.

But all the pictures I get into CO have in the lower right corner the small eye that means I can only see the pictures and not post process them.

I have the manual but this is not discussed in the pages if not to say that when there is the eye the file may not be processed.

I shoot in DNG. Don't understand why this happen. Any hint will be greatly appreciated.

Mac, you mean on Capture One?

Because I can work on my files in any other application such like Photoshop CS3 and Lightroom2

Do not really what's happening on CO, all the cursor are greyed and not working.

Not sure about Mac C1 but on Windows there is a folder view pane where you can browse to any folder on the HDD.

I never import images into C1, didn't even know you could do that, as why would I since all I have to do is use the file management, folder veiw, of C1 to go to any folder on my HDD that has images in it.

That is one thing I don't like about Lightroom, IE there is no browsing function/feature. Always importing or synchronizing the catalog to see new images.

Just call me OLD SCHOOL.

Shootist, that's what I did, going to the folders of my pictures and browsing them with Capture One. Anyone of them got the damn eye on the thumbnail and i was able to post processing none of them.

Can't understand why

Enrico--

Something is very wrong there. The only thing I can think of is that C1 doesn't have permission to write into the folder they're in. Try moving some of them somewhere else and re-opening C1.

The only other thing is--you didn't use ACR or CornerFix or something to re-write a DNG did you? C1 is picky about the format of the DNG...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Shootist, that's what I did, going to the folders of my pictures and browsing them with Capture One. Anyone of them got the damn eye on the thumbnail and i was able to post processing none of them.

Can't understand why

Normally that is on JPG files. however, the newest update of C4 has removed that restriction and you can process all files.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

just a quick one on why you should - or why I import images inside C1. you can get it to enter your copyright details, rename the files to a 'set' i.e. if all your shots are of a particular subject you can name them this and then have a image number. It basicly makes your import easier?

The copyright to the exif is my main interest.

Regards dc99

Hi,

just a quick one on why you should - or why I import images inside C1. you can get it to enter your copyright details, rename the files to a 'set' i.e. if all your shots are of a particular subject you can name them this and then have a image number. It basicly makes your import easier?

The copyright to the exif is my main interest.

Regards dc99

I use the Abobe Photo download program to get images off the SD cards and that program allows me to set copywrite name, and I think other data (don't remember as all I want is my name linked to the image), so I see no reason to use C1 to import images.

The APD program stores all my images in folders by shot date and I have it setup to place those new folders in my main year image folder.

I have just locked the files on a card, put it into the reader and opened C1. The images on the device No Name (ie card reader) all show red struck through a pen(?) motif, bottom right corner. None of them can be processed. So I guess you need to release the lock on the SD card and try again!;)