Year of the Ox - 2009 - London meeting?

spylaw4

Any further views on 12 noon or 12:30 for the meet up in the Chandos? Considering that we will probably eat maybe 12 noon might be a better time. Not so crowded in the pub as later and more time for the events afterwards.

Bob.

As there's been no comment (so far) I'm assuming 12:30 but it's not critical - I"ll be in Gerrard Street earlier to see what's going on.

For everyone who's coming along please note that there are a lot of engineering works on the tube this weekend affecting parts of the following lines:

Bakerloo

Circle

District

Hammersmith & City

Jubilee

Metropolitan

Victoria

For more detail please click here.

Pete.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sounds good fun, and it would be great to meet with you all on Sunday, but I may give this one a miss. I remember tightly packed crowds on a previous occasion. Too many people! Swept around the Chinatown area in a dense tide of people. If time permits, I might look for you all in the Chandos. I look forward to seeing the pics. All the best, John

Just a heads-up. Just back home from Chinatown - food shopping. The Dragons were visiting and "blessing" the shops/restaurants this afternoon. So possibly not tomorrow before/during the main event in Trafalgar Sq. although the website would seem to indicate otherwise. Not to say there won't be other things going on.

Sounds good fun, and it would be great to meet with you all on Sunday, but I may give this one a miss. I remember tightly packed crowds on a previous occasion. Too many people! Swept around the Chinatown area in a dense tide of people. If time permits, I might look for you all in the Chandos. I look forward to seeing the pics. All the best, John

John - same problem for me. I have gone up and shot the event for many years but the last couple of years it has become too crowded. Last year I just gave up and came home, you end up just being swept along and impossible to stop and compose anything.

For everyone who's coming along please note that there are a lot of engineering works on the tube this weekend affecting parts of the following lines:

Bakerloo

Circle

District

Hammersmith & City

Jubilee

Metropolitan

Victoria

For more detail please click here.

Pete.

Eeeek !! :eek: I'll have a shot at getting there - underground permitting - but if I don't make it, have a good time !!

Well, it was bitterly cold and and just too many densely packed people for easy photography. It was a shame people didn't stand back from the Dragons as they went round "blessing" the shops. I only managed to grab one shot with the 21mm by holding the camera above my head. At one point I was pushed and fell backwards but came to no harm since the people behind held me upright, you couldn't fall!

Bob.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Balloons - absolutely terrific shot Bob. Well seen and executed!

This reminds me to post my modest offering from the day. These shot around Gerrard Street before we all met up.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!