$130 a day until August 2009

dogberry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hmmmm .... Assuming that the Dollar and the Euro stay put for most of the next 12 months (and heaven only knows why they should) I would have to scrape together about $40,00 for an S2 body with a lens or two ... therefore I figure I'd need to economize to the tune of about $130 a day to be ready with the cold hard cash in my sweaty paws come August 1st 2009 if I want to be able to join the line at Calumet or B&H ...

OK ... even with the price of a latte at today's rates, cutting down on my visits to Starbucks is not going to get me close (doh!)

Well ... I could sell my M6's, M8 and collection of M lenses .... yeah right - and monkeys might fly out of my butt!

What's the going rate for a kidney these days?

But the real killer for me would be that fine sunny day in August 2009 when I announce to my lovely wife that I just spent the equivalent of a brand new Mercedes on a camera and lens. It could create a brand new joke however ...

What's 46 years old and dead with a large German camera sticking out of its butt?

(Sigh)

Hmmmm .... Assuming that the Dollar and the Euro stay put for most of the next 12 months (and heaven only knows why they should) I would have to scrape together about $40,00 for an S2 body with a lens or two ... therefore I figure I'd need to economize to the tune of about $130 a day to be ready with the cold hard cash in my sweaty paws come August 1st 2009 if I want to be able to join the line at Calumet or B&H ...

OK ... even with the price of a latte at today's rates, cutting down on my visits to Starbucks is not going to get me close (doh!)

Well ... I could sell my M6's, M8 and collection of M lenses .... yeah right - and monkeys might fly out of my butt!

What's the going rate for a kidney these days?

But the real killer for me would be that fine sunny day in August 2009 when I announce to my lovely wife that I just spent the equivalent of a brand new Mercedes on a camera and lens. It could create a brand new joke however ...

What's 46 years old and dead with a large German camera sticking out of its butt?

(Sigh)

There's a thing. You think your Wife thinks spending a large wedge on a Merc, that cost an arm and leg to run, depreciates by the minute and wont earn you penny is a good deal, but the same on a camera that could earn enough to buy a house, holiday and a Merc is foolhardy?

Kevinhttp://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif