Leica S2 / S006 tethering in 2024

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Dear All

I am considering acquiring one of the S cameras from the first generation S2 or S(006) or S-E(006).

What are possibilities to shoot tethered with the camera in 2024? I use Mac OS X, with different versions (the oldest being 10.13.6 High Sierra - in case an older version be needed, and I could still use Lightroom 6 last licensed version before the cloud version).

Grateful for your experience - open to creative solutions (e.g. "Hot Folder", etc.). 

(I know that there was a break in continuity in compatibility quite some years ago with Mac OS X, and I know that only the Leica S (007) or S3 are listed on Lightroom's tethering camera compatibility list, but  I am sure there are some good ideas still)

LG, 

Cristian 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for the Info.

@traveler11 and @Pieter12 to avoid any compatibility issues as vendors seem to add / remove feature continuously (eg recently FireWire support), could you please share what Operating System and Laptop Model (for Apple eg. the model / production year) are you using? This would be very useful and much appreciated.