S3 Leather Square

Pieter12

Advertisement (gone after registration)

OK, so I pulled the trigger on a very nice S3. Second-hand, but looks brand new to me. It did not come boxed, and only with the battery & charger, no strap, cables or adapters. But it did come with a rather large piece of thin, soft black leather (not a chamois) with a Leica logo and a short loop/strap on one corner. I cannot fathom what this is for. Smells nice.

Oh, and the GPS does not seem to work, although it did seem the correct time & date.

Maybe it is paying homage to the 19th century photographers who always covered their heads and the apparatus they were shooting with a black cloth? I would try it that way and see what happens...

The S' GPS module is fickle. I had mine replaced after a trip to the Far East, but both modules on my 006 and 007 work quite well now, it just takes a while (sometimes 20 minutes or so) to catch on. Congratulations on the S3, btw.

1 hour ago, Pieter12 said:

Immerdraussen pointed that out. Leica sells it as an all-purpose protective wrap, seems to be marketed for lenses and M size cameras mostly.

https://leicacamerausa.com/leica-wrapping-cloth-leather-black.html

I know…was referring to possible sources of info before having to start a forum inquiry. 

Jeff