Cobalt profiles

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello,  a few weeks back someone at the S forum commented on cobalt profiles.  I work with two leica S bodies (an S2 and an S3) and two M bodies (9p and 10r) usually paired,  so the idea of having a common starting point felt enticing. I have looked at the Cobalt website and it is confusing. Apparently you need to buy a profile per camera at forty something quid a throw; and they don’t seem to have a demo so it is hard to judge how the Cobalt starting point actually looks like. It sounds like an expensive proposition if one is necessary for each camera. If you opt for a filmy look -like Ektar, which I use often- you still have to get the basic profiles and it is unclear if this profile would work for any camera and produce similar results, or one is necessary for each. 

In summary, i’m rather confused. I was wondering if other members could comment about their experience with the basic profiles, the film emulations, and also about the purchasing scheme. 

Edited by irenedp

You need a profile for each camera, so for you it’d be 4 basic profiles. 
If you want to add a film look, you just buy it once and it will work with all basic profiles. 
So, in your case, 4 basic profiles + 1 film look. 

The guy behind Cobalt has an account here, perhaps he can help @Ulysseita

Alternatively send them an email

Edited by Simone_DF