Viewfinder magazine.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello everyone. I am looking for the Viewfinder magazine with an article about the Leica Luxus N°48414. This Luxus was sold on 09 June 1994 by Christie's and here is the description made for this sale. It is well mentioned that an article was published in Viewfinder. Unfortunately I do not have the issue of Viewfinder magazine.

"The history of Leica Luxus camera no. 48414 is described by Netolitzsky in Viewfinder. The camera was purchased by him in 1975 and was restored shortly afterwards. The leather body covering was left untouched. The article shows photographs of the camera before and after restoration".

Thank you for your help

Pierre

2 hours ago, dubois pierre said:

Hello everyone. I am looking for the Viewfinder magazine with an article about the Leica Luxus N°48414. This Luxus was sold on 09 June 1994 by Christie's and here is the description made for this sale. It is well mentioned that an article was published in Viewfinder. Unfortunately I do not have the issue of Viewfinder magazine.

"The history of Leica Luxus camera no. 48414 is described by Netolitzsky in Viewfinder. The camera was purchased by him in 1975 and was restored shortly afterwards. The leather body covering was left untouched. The article shows photographs of the camera before and after restoration".

Thank you for your help

Pierre

I will PM you some material. Members of Leica Society International (LSI) can search for and download such material.

William 

Edited by willeica
  • Like 1

Pierre, I have it, however now not at home. This Tuesday I may scan it and send to you. Pls send me your email at Jerzy.w@gmx.net. I believe this was special edition of Viefinder, printed on high quality paper and in color.

• Like 1

Great. Dr. Wolfgang Netolitzky passed last autumn, I still need time to sort and catalogue his estate. He was active member of LHSA, Leica Society UK, leica Historica e.V. Therefore full sets of Viewfinder, Leica Society Magazine  and Vidom dating back to late 70-ties what I found. And a lot of other things, I am helping the widow to turn it into money.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Another memory disappears from the Leica circle ( Dr. Wolfgang Netolitzky)😌. I found several old Viewfinder magazines on the Leica Luxus. On some publications, including the Selim A. Nahas list, I noted a few omissions. But as the years go by and the Internet evolves, new discoveries are made from time to time. So I've updated this list on my website for the Luxus Ia, which now counts a total of 97 cameras instead of 94.

https://sites.google.com/view/letonnantehistoiredesleicaslux/accueil

• Like 1